Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really.
The steering ujoint assembly is something that Nissan had a recall on. Not a saftey issue but a noise issue, they were clunking but even the new ones did it too. I had a few after doing them on all the lot cars. Its a 3/4 double D on one side and a splinded end on the other. Paul had used a flat plate bolted to the remains of the rag joint. I ground down the shaft that was welded to the flat plate untill it fit into the splined portion, put the pinch bolt in and welded it inplace. Then I cut off the stock steering shaft, ground it down too fit the double D. Put the pinch bolt in and then welded it too. Now it has 2 ujoints with a collapsible section in the middle. The box on this is mounted in a funny angle so it realy is a must. I need to order my horn parts next week, I forgot too mention I also cut off the shifter knob on the colum. Jb welded the hole shut and put bondo over it. Filled the cracks in the steering wheel and will sand it all down next week and paint it. I have some graphite wheel paint left over from the 78 build, I think I will use that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Messages In This Thread
ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really. - by broncomatt - 09-23-2011, 08:38 PM