Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really.
Thanks for the heads up on the coolent sensor location, I will have to check the back of the head for a spot.
So I go out too the shop first thing this morning and find a large puddle of gear oil under the drivers front tire and a small spot of coolent under the rad. I knew the axle seals had been leaking but WTF! I put a zip ties on the axle shafts to keep the diff from spinning and possibly damaging something. I will have to order some seals and plan on tearing it down in the next few weeks.
The front crank seal had been leaking so I have already ordered a new seal and will pull the rad and do the seal at the same time. The rad leak seemed to be a small leak that had already been jb welded. Will have to see once I get it out. I'm hoping to just change the crank seal with out pulling the cover off. Its not leaking any place else and I already did the oil pan. I will aslo put a new tstat in while I'm there.
I'm also hoping the turnsignal switch shows up tomorrow.
The fuel gauge doesnt work either, but it already has a new sender and my spare guages are already in FLA so that will have to wait. I may also drop the drivers seat another inch, I would have to set the the lumbar angle and leave it but I already know how I like it. Its an easy drop.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Messages In This Thread
ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really. - by broncomatt - 10-24-2011, 09:47 PM