Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really.
I have drove this truck for a few weeks and I have learned a few things. I need a new drive shaft (its an extra I had laying around) since the lift is putting it to the max and causing some vibration.
My big problem is its not getting MPG I need to get out of it. At best its getting 13 in trafic and 15hw. Plus its a nutless wonder. I know part of the problem is it has 410 gears with 31" tires. It not helping that the carb is for the 200 6cyl and the exhaust is OE. Plus the air cleaner is ment for a v8.
I looked into a web site for making hp from a 6cyl, so know I have a few choices.
1 Changed gears to 350 (rears used would be $70 shipped) or I would gladly swap if anybody wants 410s for there ride.
2 Put larger tires (I have 31"s so up to 33") $800 (dont have:bangheadSmile
3 4spd trans or overdrive $$$$$$
If nothing else I could rebuild the 200 6cyl I have (still dont have $$$$)

SO does anybody know where I can get the carb adaptor too fit the 1bl too the 2bbl? I saw it on the 6cyl forum but cant seem to find them.
Or, know were I can get a stock carb for the 170 (used or new) but I need it to have a electric choke. I have one for the manual choke but it needs overhaul, I may try that but I havent found a rebuild kit for it and since its not a true stock carb(dont realy know what its off).
I have know money so ideas, suggestions and info on how to build hp and mpg out of a 6 would be intersting.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Messages In This Thread
ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really. - by broncomatt - 11-27-2011, 11:44 PM