Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really.
Wish I could help ya, I sent out the last posi I had in the 79. But no I dont want the lock right either, I had one and blew it. Was never that impressed.

Thanks for the link Paul, I'm happy with the 170 untill I can get around to building the 200. The other engine seems to be from a granada, thats also the donor for rebuilt carb i got off ebay. I think its too big for the 170. The carb that was on it was full of rust, I bought a rebuild kit for a stock eb carb but it was nothing like this carb. So with out knowing exactly what rebuild kit to get I am stuck with this other carb. I do plan to tear it down and soak it for now. If I'm really lucky I might be able to reuse some gaskets. We'll see.
Thanks Asiel, Mine is from a falcon so I'm sure there close. Its good to know it could be a carter carb, its already got the modern igition and the manual 3 speed trans. I think if I put the 350 gears that will be correct for the size tires I am running. Then I need to do the exhaust.

Since I plan to keep this size tire the 350 gears will match better. I will snap a pic of the carb that came off the 170, I did join the fordsix forum but it seems that other than the exhaust improvements the best I can afford to do for this rig is the carb and gears. If that can help with mph and overall street ablity I will be happy.

blazinchuck Wrote:matt, if you had a rear posi i would trade ya. im running 3.50 with lock right now. id rather have 4.56..but i'll rock 4.11's for a while til i can upgrade.im sure since your is a street truck...you wouldnt want a lock right...just putting it out there QUOTE]

[QUOTE69bronco

Matt unfortunately there is not much you can do with the 170/200 head since the intake and head are cast as one part. I have read on ford 6 and in the hand book that you can get an Aussie head and intake that are separate for $$$$ of course.

The engine that is in it now was bought new and the casting numbers say it came out of a 68/69 Falcon if I remember right. So that is where I would start looking for carb info.

the 200 came out of an 82 (I think ) Merc. Zeph.

You can get a carb adapter from here http://www.cliffordperformance.net/ along with other goodies.

Fordsix does have a Bronco section that I have a few posts in, have not been there in years.

Hope some of this helps.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Messages In This Thread
ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really. - by broncomatt - 11-30-2011, 11:06 PM