Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really.
Well I spent another weekend working on this thing, rebuilt the front dana 30, new gears, seals, repacked everything.
I rebuilt the YF carb I had for this, didnt realize untill I put it on today it was a tractor carb. No choke rpm setting, the accelerator pump is only mildly adjustable and many of the other parts arnt there. So now I'm back to the 200CI carb I have. Looking for a stock 6cyl carb (either electric or manual choke) for an EB. Would prefer one I have to rebuild since I will do that anyways.
Repaired the aux tank I got off classic with a special wet jb weld putty. Looks like it will seal, I also cleaned up the skid plate and painted it (more left over paint from the 78).
I got the tank cleaned out with some left over reducer and put the new sending unit in. I will have it mounted one night this week.
Picked up a Tuffy consol from my boss, its for a Suzuki but it fit mine well. For 20 bucks how could I say no.
I did order a new driveshaft for Pe'pe, so the one that was on it will be moved to the roadster once I get it rebalanced.
In the next few weeks I think I may be done with major work on this, I know I need to paint it but that is on hold for some time due to lack of funds. If I'm happy with how it drives I will just drive it for now and get to work on the new body for Pe'pe.
Stay tuned for more pics...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Messages In This Thread
ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really. - by broncomatt - 02-05-2012, 11:05 PM