Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really.
Well I got the clutch done and rebuilt the t-case output. Mounted the aux tank and fixed a few smaller things. I still need to plumb in the tank and install the soft top.
Thanks for the link Chuck, I was realy wanting something older. Thats for the newer version, the side rails are diffrent (these are a 2 peice) so I want too make sure the measurements are right for the bow mounts. Plus I did dig up my Kayline soft top instructions to see about the snap instalation, so I am good on that. Just dont want to install the bows wrong.
I did manage to get a OE carb that should be here by the end of the week. I have made all kinds of little tweeks to this thing to make it as comfortable and easy to drive.
I think with the oe carb I may finaly reach my goal of 20mpg (current estimation is an avarage of 15). With the 350 gears it easly cruises 70 on the highway.
Bart: I cheated on the ranch hand. Everybody wants $80 or more for one, so I removed the latch and mounted it on the rear quarter. I plan to leave it there so I may make my own ranch mount when I have some time (not that hard once you look at the pics). As for paint I will paint it my self once I get the body smothed out, Lots of small dents and still need to sand it down much more. The primer just makes it all one color.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Messages In This Thread
ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really. - by broncomatt - 03-11-2012, 10:21 PM