Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Project "Big Country" - Front Bumper Fab
I know that this has already been discussed in a separate thread about DIY bedliners, but thought I would add it to the build thread to keep it alive.

Our first time doing this was Monday evening. We used Liner X-treme off of ebay. I had good recommendations of this stuff and it turned out really well. I ordered gray, but it's a very light gray color but it's just going to get dirty anyways, right? The kit comes with the gun, bedliner, reducer, activator, and rubber additive for texture. You can spray it with as little or as much rubber additive as you like for your texture preference. The original plan was to leave the bottom smooth so that it would clean easily, but we found out that it was not building up well to cover all of the imperfections I was hoping to hide. We added a little rubber to the mix and it built up really well to fill in the new floor pan seams and other imperfections.

Check out our "paint booth." Keith had the canopy already so I bought the enclosure kit and it worked out really well. It probably wasn't necessary for this (wasn't as messy as I anticipated), but will be for painting. Plus it'll come in handy for lots of other things.

We'll see how well the durability of it is. CoachBarnes off of ClassicBroncos.com recommended it to me and he has it on his trailer. After 2 years he says it looks great and he abuses the crap out of his trailer. If he says that (and he's a Baja guy), I believe it!

Here are some pics of the bottom of the tub all pretty now :biggthumpup:

Attached Files Image(s)

'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Project "Big Country" - Front Bumper Fab - by SC74 - 05-08-2008, 11:36 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Added some D Rings to the front bumper. Broncitis 3 1,642 07-02-2015, 10:07 PM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  Project Mall Crawler broncosbybart 11 3,290 12-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Last Post: SC74
  My 70 Sport Project..."Nothin' Fancy" ncsubronc 11 2,935 10-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ncsubronc
  Project Snow Ball 73Bronc 99 14,664 09-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Last Post: 73Bronc
  Gen2 to Gen1 front clip conversion ONEWYR 11 4,846 05-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Last Post: supertoyota88