Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
np435
Whats a good price for one? What should I look for when I go to look at one?
68 Half cab
I would think $100-$250 depending on the condition. most times $100
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
blazinchuck Wrote:I would think $100-$250 depending on the condition. most times $100

Is there anything specific I should look at? Or look for things that r tell tale signs that the trans is no good?
68 Half cab
It is hard to tear one up. But the blocker rings can wear causing scraping in 2, 3, or 4 gears. Remember 1 or L and R are not synchronized, just large straight cut gears and may scrape a bit when moving. I'd also feel the shift for any sloppiness. Might find a leaky seal and that is easily fixed.
'72 TBA...
bucketobolts Wrote:It is hard to tear one up. But the blocker rings can wear causing scraping in 2, 3, or 4 gears. Remember 1 or L and R are not synchronized, just large straight cut gears and may scrape a bit when moving. I'd also feel the shift for any sloppiness. Might find a leaky seal and that is easily fixed.

Hey Bucketobolts what did you think of the one you showed me?
68 Half cab
about the only other thing i can think of is look at the case. Massive abuse can cause the case to crack it can be hiden by lots of caked up grease however just inspect it otherwise they are pretty tough you can pull the top cover easy to inspect for damage. just remeber it's not uncommon to see low and reverse scracthed alittle since they are non sychro. Otherwise the other fellas hit the other fine points. Price shouldn't go over 250. unless it's brand new rebuilt or has other fancy stuff on it. good luck in your search you will be happy with a np435!!!Confusedupergrin::biggthumpup:
Dapper Dan-1984 bronco,1991 bronco, 1967 f-250, 1997 ford ranger
snipes243 Wrote:Hey Bucketobolts what did you think of the one you showed me?

The pics look good. I think he is pretty negotiable on the price. His last post said "make an offer, you might be surprised".
'72 TBA...
bucketobolts Wrote:The pics look good. I think he is pretty negotiable on the price. His last post said "make an offer, you might be surprised".

Hopefully going to go look at this weekend.
68 Half cab
snipes243 Wrote:Hopefully going to go look at this weekend.

Good luck hope it is a good one......:biggthumpup:
Dapper Dan-1984 bronco,1991 bronco, 1967 f-250, 1997 ford ranger
snipes243 Wrote:Hopefully going to go look at this weekend.

if it doesnt work out I have a couple of'em.....:xyxthumbs: :rebel:
SIZE MATTERS! :rebel: Uncle Ted [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://www.wheelindixie.com
http://www.coastalcarolinaoffroad.com