Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this weekend parts trip
fixin to go pick up a c4 donor to swap into my sons 73'. might need some help with the install in a few weeks you'all stay tuned......
C4 install is pretty easy. Looking ahead, do you have a body lift on that puppy to make life a little easier?
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
Not yet. i do remember it made those top tranny bolts easier to get to on my old eb.
Ken - The swap is not bad at all. Good to hear that you found a C4 to use. What type of shifter are you going to use? I got the Art Carr from WH and Jessica really likes it in her rig. I bought one to go in the bruggy also. Don't forget about the cooler either - you'll probably have to run a second cooler up front and plumb it. I ended up buying the hard lines from Jeff's to run mine.

Good Luck!
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
Ive decided to get the tranny rebuilt using a local mechanic. He will also supply a tc, but i need to get the flex plate. What do i need. will it be the same tooth count as the manual flywheel. i assume 28oz,164 tooth?
Rebuilding a C4 is pretty simple. I did my first one a few months ago and it runs very well. I made a thread on it if you are interested.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
I work slow, at least on my own stuff. Sat me and my whole familty spent the morning pulling the old 3 speed out. whew. Even my 19 yearold daughter climbed under there and unbolted the drive shafts. So any way hope to get the c4 back in there this week. its was a good week end.:biggthumpup:
I don't want to give you guys the impression i'm lazy or anything, just can't seem to keep everything focused. It's not like i have to make a living at the same time.
Any how here's where we're at now.
All old stuff is out.
tranny is rebuilt.
Mated t shift to adapter
i wanted to twin stick it, but have since learned it aint simple with the "t",
So now i'll need to switch back to the "j" and twin stick it
bought a floor shifter, so don't have to swap the column, which would have meant too much work for now.
bought a flex plate.
bought a torc conv.
new flex bolts.
large external cooler.
Also today is Chris' 16th birthday, wish it was ready for him.
Happy Birthday, Chris. Knowing how it works and what it takes to make it do that is infinitely better than getting in and turning the key. Saying I did that is worth so much more than being handed anything.

Tim
74 Bronco Ranger halfcab w/toys: lockers f&r, wristed arm, C4, D20, hyd assist steering, 37"MTRs, warm 302. Capability, that's what I'm talkin' bout.
[Image: 2rwp56f.png]
C4 went in no problem. Test drive no prob. Everythings looking good until....
i go to cut the hole in the floor board bigger and bingo find the shift cable doesnt stand up well to a plasma torch. All this went on Sat and i just calmed down enough to write about it. oh well ordered a new cable hope it gets here early next week. saga continues......moral here don't get in a hurry!:banghead:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Parts from Totaled FSB jdowns67 25 5,639 02-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Last Post: jdowns67
  looking for some parts...any suggestions? gumby93 5 2,038 08-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Last Post: bucketobolts
  need some parts and advice offshorecorley 1 2,969 12-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Last Post: offshorecorley