Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vin #
Hello,
Im new here as of today and I got a problem. I have a 66 EB I was giving from my Father in law. Its a total redo. Im looking for the vin #. Its not on the door or the glove box door either . I heard that it was on the passenger side frame rail. But still havent found it yet. Are there any other locations and is there a way I can get a title without one. My father in law was a local mechanic and the guy who owned this brought it over and never called or came back and that was at least 15 years ago. Im not going to waste time on it until I can make it mine. Any info would be great . Thanks
It's hard to find on top of the pass. side frame rail unless it's super clean. I wonder why it's not on the glove box door? I know where a frame is in Taylors that you can see exactly where the stamping is on the frame.
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
If the tub is still on the frame you probably won't be able to find the VIN. It should be where the pass side rail turns right under the firewall. The only other place it would be would be on the tag in the glove box lid.
'72 TBA...
My bastardized 69' has a 66' roadster front clip and the vin tag is on the drivers side kick panel ... My 66' dash has no vin in the glove box so ... HTH

Confusedcratchhe:
:popc1:
Confusedcratchhe:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
JP is correct on the location of the vin#. The vin# on the 1966 and 1967 are on the driver side kick panel... It was not until 1968 that they started puting the vin plate in the glove box...That is my 2 cents..:biggthumpup:

How about the driver's side kick plate, approx. 2-1/4" from the door edge and about 7" off the floor??? Little tag about 1" wide and 3" long, held on by 2 rivits.

Say a prayer that it reads something like U1300001!!!
Just buy a glovebox door with a vin and you are good to do (if it is clear). Are you sure the vin sticker on the driver post is not just covered with paint?
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
thanks for the response on the vin # . I found it on the frame rail . Now I have to file paperwork with the DMV to find out the old owner. and possibly new title.
bluebooger Wrote:thanks for the response on the vin # . I found it on the frame rail . Now I have to file paperwork with the DMV to find out the old owner. and possibly new title.

Did you happen to fine the VIN plate inside the cab?? I think the DMV will need to see that toConfusedcratchhe:. I had a buddy that bought a heep with no title and had to get the DMV man to come out and check it out and he had to find the one on the frame and the one inside the cab... Good luck:xyxthumbs:
as already said, buy a glove box lid and title off someone that junked one out. go on the bronco forums and post it up in the want to buy threads. good luck.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vin help wepuckett 29 7,595 07-28-2014, 12:47 AM
Last Post: chuzie