Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt got stuck yesterday
and I have pictures to prove it! Winched himself out, though!

Liz

[Image: Stuck2.jpg]

[Image: Stuck.jpg]
thanks for sharing the pics liz . :hysterical:
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
Great Pics! That looks like a nasty hole.
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
I'm not laughing!!!!:hysterical:
cuz1 Wrote:I'm not laughing!!!!:hysterical:
Maybe not, but I could see you in that hole :popc1:
'72 TBA...
Good ole Matt; always wearing his Khakis out in the mud.

Thanks for the pics liz. Hey Matt, are you planning on defending yourself or what?
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
Wow... And I didn't even see the bus, before Liz threw Matt under it! :hysterical::hysterical:

Must be the mudhole swallowed it first! :hysterical::hysterical:

Nice! I'm guessing that Matt is now wishing he asked for a multi-mount winch so he could have winched out backwards out of that slop.

Boy, that looks like fun... So much so that Jill said "Ohhh, where's that, cuz I wanna go!" Keep the EB nearby... :popc1:

JayT :biggthumpup:
bucketobolts Wrote:Maybe not, but I could see you in that hole :popc1:

I think I would be stuck as well. That is a bad hole.
Need bigger tires:hysterical:
As liz mentioned I got stuck in a deep hole. More like a bath tub.
We had spent the day helping a friend move, and since we would be close to a local wheeling spot I decided to take the bronco.
I have been threw this place several times over the last 3 years. Recently I had heard the state had cleaned up the road in again.
The river crossings were much easyer and the road graded abunch. When we got to the first play area I dropped liz to shoot some vid of me playing in the hole. I had heard it had gotten worse recently, mostly due to some stock trucks getting stuck in it.
I dropped liz and turned around to get behind the hole and come out infront of liz. As I made my L turn to head in to the hole I drove over a wide open area that is usualy fun for donuts. As I hit the puddle in the middle the front end disappeard into the ground. Stopped only by my bumper. I tried to back out bus was only succesfully in turning my EB slightly to the left.
So I pulled cable and dragged my but out, slamming the rear on its way out.
As it turns out the donnut area was dug out by some atv's, sut's and some local trucks untill a 4x8 hole is there to snag you. There is a deep hole to my right in the photo.
After winching out the only visual damage was a miss adjusted KC light on the bumper. It had scraped its way up the bankment.
We proced to head up the road some more to rinse off in one of the next stream crossings. Once we reached the play ground I let it loose again playing in the holes. We elected to head back, once I hit the pavement I could tell something was not right. I crawled under and found the track bar mount cracked and torn off the frame. The drop bracket I had bolted in as well as welding was all that held it in place. I limped it home with no real problems.
The pics are just before I washed it off. I will repair the track bar mount and use it as a test bed for what I will do with the replacement frame. The rust is realy taking its tole on this body. This trip reminds me that I need to get to work on my replacement parts. If anyone wants to try this hole or any of the many other crawling or mud holes, let me ment my wounds and we can hit the.
I will say that I still wouldent change my set up. I know my 33's prevent me from climing some obsticals, but it gets me to where I would want to put that thing. Even with the bad track bar mount I still had a blast with it. I have even leared of a new trail that some stock jeeps have bashed there way threw. Will have to look in too that.
Broncomatt
[Image: P1010012.jpg]
[Image: P1010011.jpg]
[Image: P1010013.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atlanta "Cops & Rodders" Car Show - Yesterday NGABronco 1 1,156 02-22-2009, 06:48 PM
Last Post: SC74
  How about your worst stuck...got pics? blazinchuck 21 7,617 08-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Last Post: chuzie