Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawse Fairlead
Will a hawse fairlead hold up to a steel winch cable? Confusedcratchhe:

I really want to change my steel to rope but can;t afford the rope yet ... :banghead:

The roller fairlead is really making my appoarch angle suck so I wanna change but don't know ... Confusedcratchhe:

Thanks

Jp
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
JP - A hawse fairlead will be fine with a steel cable. Rollers do stick out like a sore thumb.
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
Yeah last time at the gulches it redesigned your (mine) bumber a little :hysterical:

johnpaulgolf Wrote:Yeah last time at the gulches it redesigned your (mine) bumber a little :hysterical:

WOW! It must have taken a good lick :rebel:
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
SC74 Wrote:WOW! It must have taken a good lick :rebel:

Naw not really ... it was just the part where the fairlead is kinda bent it into the winch ... no biggie :notworthy: Confusedmokin: :notworthy:

johnpaulgolf Wrote:Will a hawse fairlead hold up to a steel winch cable? Confusedcratchhe:

I really want to change my steel to rope but can;t afford the rope yet ... :banghead:

The roller fairlead is really making my appoarch angle suck so I wanna change but don't know ... Confusedcratchhe:

Thanks

Jp

A hawse fair lead should hold up fine. It's not like the cable is moving at a real high rate of speed. I've seen them in steel and aluminum. Which ever tickles your fancy.
'72 TBA...
I moved this cause we kinda jacked the CCOR thread ... but would like to give him my business ... :biggthumpup:

Nothing is worse for approach angles than my huge eyesore of a bumper.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
Got one from CCOR ... Thanks Jason ... :biggthumpup:

Ya'll give these guy some business ... talked with him for awhile and he can get alot of good stuff for very good prices ... :notworthy:

I like your front porch, Mike. Gives you a place to survey the surroundings before attacking. With a couple of rocking chairs you could tell stories around the campfire at night.

Tim
74 Bronco Ranger halfcab w/toys: lockers f&r, wristed arm, C4, D20, hyd assist steering, 37"MTRs, warm 302. Capability, that's what I'm talkin' bout.
[Image: 2rwp56f.png]