Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubing Bender
Didn't want everyone to think I had abandoned my Bronco. Here is a cart and air/hydraulic conversion I've been tinkering with for my Pro 105 Bender. I still have a few more welds to finish up and then throw on some paint. I've also been thinking about adding a shelf to store dies on.

Attached Files Image(s)

'72 TBA...
Looks good man. Have you tested the new toy yet?
Good idea. You'll find that the more weight in the bottom the better but it does look like you've got it balanced well with the die on it. You could weld studs on the legs to hang the dies also.
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
I have not bent anything with it yet. I need to figure out a way to make it return with a spring or some gadget. Right now after I run out of stroke I have to manually squeeze the cylinder back in to make another run.

Also thinking about installing a digital tape measure on the cylinder. That way I can measure the length of a bend and repeat it with a little more precision.
'72 TBA...
Gump, you're a genius! I've been looking at the one on Pirate for a couple days and knew there had to be a another way. Good job.

Tim
74 Bronco Ranger halfcab w/toys: lockers f&r, wristed arm, C4, D20, hyd assist steering, 37"MTRs, warm 302. Capability, that's what I'm talkin' bout.
[Image: 2rwp56f.png]
He he thats why the spec ram in the pro tools kit is 450 bucks as it returns to center automaticly but a couple if springs will do that too.
74 Sport Howell EFI & 33's sitting in the yard
73 104 in EB Buggy 5.0 SEFI ,C-4,38's Busy as Hell Building it right now.
00 Honda XR 650R For Sale.Someone buy this bad assed Bike ASAP.
03 Honda Shadow Spirit
nice setup.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
Is that 2" square tubing that you used for the cylinder support?

Tim
74 Bronco Ranger halfcab w/toys: lockers f&r, wristed arm, C4, D20, hyd assist steering, 37"MTRs, warm 302. Capability, that's what I'm talkin' bout.
[Image: 2rwp56f.png]
Yes it is a piece of 3/16 wall 2x2 and the gusset is made from 1/4" plate.
'72 TBA...
Well the cylinder has worked pretty good. It is a bit slow but does the job. A little design flaw lets the square tube push over against the tubing your trying to bend. So I had been using a small piece wood at the top of the cylinder to keep it off the work. This afternoon I stuck a piece of steel under the base plate to stop it from swinging around. About a third of the way through my first bend I heard a pop and the cylinder quit pumping up. The air motor runs but build no pressure. I found that the base was in a bind and broke where the cylinder attaches. Off to Harbor Freight to swap in out...
'72 TBA...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3" Exhaust Tubing bender in Charleston mooker82 2 1,040 03-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Last Post: mooker82