Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exhaust issue
Not really an issue as much as my puzzlement. Tried to get the clamp off the turbo to change out the exhaust and it wouldn't move. Stuck? Need an hammer? Any insight to my lack of knowledge would be greatly appreciated. The rest of the change out appears simple. Just couldn't get started.
Sorry, its on the tow truck. 99 F350 7.3L PSD.
Tim
74 Bronco Ranger halfcab w/toys: lockers f&r, wristed arm, C4, D20, hyd assist steering, 37"MTRs, warm 302. Capability, that's what I'm talkin' bout.
[Image: 2rwp56f.png]
What style clamp? Factory type band or a U bolt?
'72 TBA...
It has the factory band clamp. Had the bolt loose but the clamp wouldn't move. Figured it was just because it is ten years old and never had to move. Bolt is on the back side of the downpipe against the firewall. Real convienent to get at. Don't think it will go back on that way.

Tim
74 Bronco Ranger halfcab w/toys: lockers f&r, wristed arm, C4, D20, hyd assist steering, 37"MTRs, warm 302. Capability, that's what I'm talkin' bout.
Those factory clamps can be a pain in the butt. Usually grab them with a pair of 460 Channel Locks and twist them free. It takes a bit of work, but try not to use a pipe wrench or anything that will collapse the pipe.
'72 TBA...
The pipe I'm not worried about, thats getting replaced from the turbo back. Didn't want to damage the clamp and not be able to reuse it. Maybe a little force is the answer. Thanks for your help.
Problem resolved. Twist of a screwdriver and it popped loose a little at a time. Neighbor helped me put the new system on. No louder than before (happy) and 4" from turbo to the 5" polished stainless tip. Squirrels like shiny things.
Tim

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  exhaust ideas firefighter2134 0 1,408 02-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Last Post: firefighter2134
  diesel exhaust poll broncomania 16 4,872 05-27-2009, 10:55 PM
Last Post: broncomania
  3" Exhaust Tubing bender in Charleston mooker82 2 1,040 03-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Last Post: mooker82