Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from WNC (Flat Rock NC)
Hey guys, I am new to the wonderful world of Broncos.
I used to have BII many moons ago and have always wanted a full size.

Well, in totaling out my 1999 f150 4x4, I decided to use the money to get one and am proud to be the proud owner of a nicely built 1990 XLT.

It is not a show piece, but the guy did do a nice job of building up the 351.
He has also done things like converting the rear brakes to disks, replacing everything in the front end so it actually tracks straight, replaced all the weather stripping, replaced the rear gate with an actual Ford OEM part, etc. Basically, you can tell he has a lot of time in the truck and was a little meticulous.

I am excited about picking the truck up next week and meeting some of the local Bronco owners. :biggthumpup:

Kirk
WELCOME :beer:. I live in Etowah. So I am just a skip and a hoop away. Post some pic up... Will have to get up some time and meet at the hot dog world.:xyxthumbs:
I don't have very good pics but here it is.

[Image: 3m33p53l0ZZZZZZZZZ94o43645299425e1082.jpg][Image: 3n93oe3pfZZZZZZZZZ94o3d8f8da70a121ca5.jpg]
[Image: 3k13m13oaZZZZZZZZZ94od869764df9251267.jpg][Image: 3ke3pa3lbZZZZZZZZZ94of25a1dfe1a9b155d.jpg]
Nice looking rig!
There are a couple of us up here in WNC.
Maybe we have enough people to have a little get together soon.

What do you think WNC guys?
66stocker Wrote:Nice looking rig!

I thought you would never ask:biggthumpup:
Life is short------drive your bronco everyday!
66stocker Wrote:Nice looking rig!

I am down

BTW, where is the best place to get tires in the Asheville area.
I am thinking I want 33x12.5 15.
Would really like to buy some used ones with around half tread or more just to see if I like them (not to mention I think I will be getting new rims eventually and might go up to 16".

But new or used are fine not brand specific but I do want a MT with decent road manners.
OK Josh and George and anyone else ... let's start thinking about a WNC meet and greet!

Autobot, I go to Waycaster tire in Mills River. They are a pretty good group of guys.
I think they still have my old 33 x 10.5 x 15's I took off the wifes jeep. They are BFG mud terrains with ok tread left. You might want to give them a call and see what they have.
66stocker Wrote:OK Josh and George and anyone else ... let's start thinking about a WNC meet and greet!

Autobot, I go to Waycaster tire in Mills River. They are a pretty good group of guys.
I think they still have my old 33 x 10.5 x 15's I took off the wifes jeep. They are BFG mud terrains with ok tread left. You might want to give them a call and see what they have.

Thanks, I will give them a call up tomorrow.
66stocker Wrote:OK Josh and George and anyone else ... let's start thinking about a WNC meet and greet!

I am down with a Meet and Greet. We should try to get up at the local car show on Music on main. They have a car show on main street on every 2nd friday of the month. I will look in to that. Or what ever yall want to do. I am game.:biggthumpup: We could do it where Josh can come down or meet use half way. Plus Bill the BFG Tires that you took off your Wife Jeep my buddy end up with one of them. I have try to buy it off of him but he want sale it to me.. That is funny. Small world..:xyxthumbs:
There's a country music festival and car show in Horse Shoe on May 22nd.
I was thinking of putting my Bronco in it. It might be fun to meet there and check out the cars, eat a hot dog etc.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to the site Rock Hill, SC screamink 11 2,162 03-01-2010, 12:12 AM
Last Post: wr thompkins
  hi from wnc berg bronco 5 1,650 11-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Last Post: smitty