Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
?'s about my 79
just a few ?'s I have a 79 bronco and it has the 4 speed with granny how reliable and or strong is this trans also it has the 351m but wheen its reved high I always pop off the lower radiator hose any ideasConfusedcratchhe:
Lifes a garden dig it
The trans is bombproof. Keep it. I only have two feet so I have an automatic but I'm jealous of the low gear for climbing and almost more for braking downhill.
You could run an electric waterpump drive like drag racers do. Wouldn't let you know what the real problem is but would solve the problem of the hose blowing off at high rev.

Tim
74 Bronco Ranger halfcab w/toys: lockers f&r, wristed arm, C4, D20, hyd assist steering, 37"MTRs, warm 302. Capability, that's what I'm talkin' bout.
[Image: 2rwp56f.png]
its not a loose clamp that was the first thing i thought, also mabee a stuck thermo was causing pressure to blow it off but changed that too didnt work IM really hopeing one of the chanels in the block is not clogged but under normal driving its fine and it doesnt run hot
Lifes a garden dig it
The bottom is the inlet or suction side of the pump. Has the radiator been replaced? Does the hose fit tight on the fitting? Or is it coming off of the pump? My first guess would be an aftermarket part not fitting correctly.
'72 TBA...
evrything seems to fit well im goin to get a new hose to see how it matches up or fits I would like this to be my trail rig since the 90 is my daily driver but I need to get a few kinks worked out first
Lifes a garden dig it
get a new hose. use 2 clamps on the bottom. keep the np435 trans.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
aight guys thanks for all the input will try the 2 clamps with the new hose I do like the 4 speed just didnt know too much about it once again thanks :rebel:
Lifes a garden dig it
ive got about the same setup as you... i have took the freeze plugs out of my past 2 351ms and the back one on both sides we clogged with rust.... i have also blew apart a couple radiators having the same porblem as you... i hope you have good luck with yours though...
>S.M.I.T.T.Y<
YOU BLEW APART RAIATORS :rubeyes: well as much as I dont want that to happen Im gonna drive the s*#t out out of it till somethin gives. Is this a common problem?
Lifes a garden dig it
ive heard of this from my buddy with a 4x4 ranger he never did find out why and it it just stoped doing it was werid cuz everytime we go muddin it come off or lose then it just stoped all he did was take extra water with him for if it came off
GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!