Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Common Driveshaft????????
Hey y'all, just wondering if anyone is running this driveshaft or maybe what it was taken off of. Just curios if it was stock or aftermarket/Custom. There isn't any part numbers, just a warning sticker. Also it has a chip in the flange wondering if it still looks usable. Very, very broke to buy flange.

still a little slow in getting pics to upload on forum post. If you want to look at the shaft then see my gallery.

thanks again y'all for any and all help!
Taking the mudguppy one rut at a time.
BroncJr Wrote:Hey y'all, just wondering if anyone is running this driveshaft or maybe what it was taken off of. Just curios if it was stock or aftermarket/Custom. There isn't any part numbers, just a warning sticker. Also it has a chip in the flange wondering if it still looks usable. Very, very broke to buy flange.

still a little slow in getting pics to upload on forum post. If you want to look at the shaft then see my gallery.

thanks again y'all for any and all help!

I checked out those pics, I cant tell ya if its stock to a BII, but I would think its still usable even with the chip. Just check to see if there is slop in the slip yoke(has splines) not in and out, but rotational. Also check the cv joint for wear.Chuck
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
if my brain is thinking right it looks to be from an explorer and the chip should be nothing just check the joints and make sure they are fine
86broncoII with 2in of lift 31x!2.50 SUPER SWAMPER BOGGERS steeringstableizer, skyjacker ext brakelines, and james duff prerunner front bumper
krazybronco Wrote:if my brain is thinking right it looks to be from an explorer and the chip should be nothing just check the joints and make sure they are fine

I agree that doent look like the shaft in my 89 BII
[Image: ProudFordowner.jpg]
[Image: BIILINE.jpg]
[Image: Broncosig.jpg]
the bronco2s used like 3 differant driveshafts so mine is a tulip style and it is stock and if you have anymore than 2in of lift then you have to get a new driveshaft most go to the explorer shaft and have it shortened
86broncoII with 2in of lift 31x!2.50 SUPER SWAMPER BOGGERS steeringstableizer, skyjacker ext brakelines, and james duff prerunner front bumper
Thanks for the input guys! I forgot to give so info that might help narrow it down. the Truck is a '90 w/ an unknown 6" suspension kit. The driveshaft is 33 1/2" long while the explorer's is right at 37" with a straight shaft (no cv joint). ...So far so good on the chip issue too.
if you can take pics of the front drop brackets and the springs then i might be able to tell you what it is

Either it is superlift of skyjacker because they are the only 2 that build 6in lifts unless it is the new jamesduff lift
I called the fellow that I bought it from and he swears it is a skyjacker. but for some strange reason everything is superlift yellow. and then to make matters more confusing it has a trailmaster steering stabilier that is solid orange with the trailmaster logo on it. I have included more pics on my gallery to so this. Once again, I sure appriate all the help yall are given.

P.S. i seen a really clean EB w/soft top and I have talked to the owner's dad about visiting the site, so hopefully his son will come and join up.
it is a superlift it has a drop plate for the pass axle drop (the one that holds the pass side beam)
Superlift it must be. Now is there any downsides to the superlift lift, cause i have read about the short comings of the skyjackers brackets which can get stress cracks and what not. also is there anything that i may want to add to this kit. What do you think the kit may bring when i decide to sell it because I do plan on within the next year putting a straight axle under the front along with an 8.8 explorer disc brake rear end. And hopefully eventually a 4.0l explorer motor with a C-4 tranny. My wish list gets bigger and bigger everyday don't ya know..lol....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Driveshaft help in Charleston. dixieboyz13 4 1,275 11-28-2012, 12:01 AM
Last Post: broncomatt
  Trying to locate a driveshaft part 73Bronc 3 956 08-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Last Post: SC74
  Need Driveshaft Shop 2000F150SAS 5 1,429 08-11-2008, 07:06 AM
Last Post: 2000F150SAS