Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8.8 DIFF SEAL
Hey guys Im not the one to ask for help but right now its needed the seal in the front of my rear diff has whent bad and I thought it was just the cover but I replaced it this morn and when I got underneath it I saw it was running down the diff and the drive shaft was slingin it everwhere its my daily driver and I want to keep it reliable and I have heard its a bit of a pain job and i dont know nothing about it Confusedcratchhe: If someone has the time to help me do it ive got plenty of beer and a little cash ($150) , any help is appresiated its a 90 with the 8.8 THANKS, KENNY
Lifes a garden dig it
I just called my machanic he said he could do it for about the same price but the offer still stands would rather my money go to a bronco brother if no one wants to ill let him do it got to get it fixed this weekend don't want to risk some serious damage
Lifes a garden dig it
I don't live that far away but I don't know squat about rear ends. Sorry, I can't help you! :xyxthumbs:
Psalms 27:1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
trkbilder Wrote:I don't live that far away but I don't know squat about rear ends. Sorry, I can't help you! :xyxthumbs:

Thanks anyways yea i dont know 2 much about them either but this hanes manuel makes it sound tuff gotta take out the axle shafts and pretty much everything else wonder if there is a way around doin all that drop drive shaft pull out pinion shaft remove old seal then revearse for install well Ill soon enough find out :rebel:
Lifes a garden dig it
is your pinion seal bad ? i'll try to come help you on sat if you cant get it done before then. if i have time.

better yet pm buckobolts he needs some side work. and he lives closer to you.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
thats the only seal I think it could be, well the only one I know of in that spot ill pm Aaron to see what he says, thanks again is there another seal you think it might be the fluid is runnin down the bottom of the diff coming from where the drive shaft goes in the diff
Lifes a garden dig it
DO YOU REALLY HAVE TO REMOVE THE AXLE SHAFTS TO DO THIS JOB OR IS IT JUST RECOMENDED
Lifes a garden dig it
Nope. Its not too bad of a job. Probably only about a thirty minute job. Pull the driveshaft, remove the yoke, and swap the seal. It may lose a little oil, but I have some on hand if needed. Just have to be careful not to over torque the yoke going back together. Over torquing will crush the crush sleeve and preload the bearings too much causing the bearings to overheat. Give me a call this evening.
'72 TBA...
Thanks everyone, Aaron is going to help me out sunday. If there is anything yall need and im capable dont be afraid to ask Bronco or non bronco related
Lifes a garden dig it
i was in your area today but had no way to contact you. i knew Aaron would help you.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  S.C. flag diff. Blue89 11 2,824 03-03-2012, 05:25 AM
Last Post: tlbrock2
  solid diff covers snipes243 3 1,259 12-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Last Post: broncomania