Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, I,m on the fence and need a push
Here's the deal,
I have a stock '66 that is very original. Sheet metal, engine etc. A true survivor.
As I have rebuilt this thing I have tried real hard to keep everything factory stock.
But ... I had to replace the body mount bushings and in a moment of weakness I put in a 1" body lift.
I think it looks good but it is starting to bug the sh*t out of me because the gaps above the bumpers dont look stock.
My wife says she likes it that way and don't mess with it but I'm on the fence.
I have a set of stock bushings sitting on the bench ready to go in.
Am I making a mountain out of a mole hill here? Am I getting too anal about keeping it stock?

What do ya all think? Stay pure and go back to stock or leave the 1" lift on it?

Attached Files Image(s)

First, that is one FANTASTIC looking bronco!!! Way to save and keep this one!

However, I could completely understand why it'd be bothering the sh*t out of you... Personally, I'd like to see it without the 1" lift... Although I know it's a pain to do the swap. So, it's completely up to you...

I wish my 66 was anywhere near saving, but it's not, so I'll be chopping/modding the crap out of it... EBs this nice, should stay that way (IMHO).

JayT
Man that things looks super nice!! that being said its what you whant, if you dont like it change it. If the whole idea was to keep it stock and that is still what you want im sure the longer you keep the lift on there the longer it will bother you.You gotta admit a clean eb with a little lift and 33s is a wonderful sight
Lifes a garden dig it
That's a nice Bronco!! You started out to make it stock, why change? It's easier to say it's stock than it is to say in a moment of seer weakness I gave in to an inner feeling and raised my baby 1". 1", what was that all about? I love'em dead stock and you've got a great example of that, do the replacement and drop it back to stock!! Just my $.02!!! :xyxthumbs:
Psalms 27:1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
its not stock. If its not stock.Confusedcratchhe::bdent:
Life is short------drive your bronco everyday!
Mine was stock when I got it minus the white spoke wagon wheels, 3 different sizes, and I regret doing anything to it. I'd take the lift off and go with the stock bushings.

Tim
74 Bronco Ranger halfcab w/toys: lockers f&r, wristed arm, C4, D20, hyd assist steering, 37"MTRs, warm 302. Capability, that's what I'm talkin' bout.
[Image: 2rwp56f.png]
berg bronco Wrote:its not stock. If its not stock.Confusedcratchhe::bdent:

Yes it still is..... That was me that is not stock...The old FART...:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Bill-I would take the 1" blcck off and put the stock bushing on. The look is ok, but it would look better with the stock bushing on it. If you need help let me know. I can len a hand.:wavey:

Plus I like the 66 tag on the front.:xyxthumbs: Just me 2 cents. Let me know if ya need help.

George
OK I guess it's back to the stock bushings.
It should go pretty quick. I have already done all the hard work getting the old ones off.
The wife wants to take the girls to the pool this afternoon ... perhaps a window to work on the Bronco if I can weasel out of it!

Thanks for the input guys ... and the push off the fence!
berg bronco Wrote:its not stock. If its not stock.Confusedcratchhe::bdent:

X2 ... nuff said Confusedmokin:

Not only is it stock its a 66' ... man I love me some "pure" stock Broncos ... :notworthy:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  time to push the limits blazinchuck 51 6,206 04-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Last Post: blazinchuck