Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
added a 72 to the stable
i know it worthless without pics but it's dark and i'm tired. scored a 72 off of craigslist in atlanta. me and the son have given it about an 8 hour shakedown cruise
it has headers into a single chamber flowmaster behind the 302 , so it sounds the log trucks of the 70's. or any dirt track car you run into.so after registering it in the morning were off to the muffler shop. body's cut and a little ruff but the lights work and it's legal. brand new power steering , 33's and all the ignition wiring cover what i paid.
out of my 3 now, 69 -72 -74 i plan to definately drive one up to the meet and greet at carpenters. the weather be damned.
time for a nap...
shon:xyxthumbs:
I think my rust is rusting...
I can't remember which mistake comes next...
[Image: gallery-albums-userpics-10082-ThisT.jpg]

:popc1:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
sounds nice.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
nice cant wait to see the pics!
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
should have pics by the 7th. got turbos put on monday morning , so i can hear myself think.
rear tub is pretty much rotted out , but it gives me a use for the bed on the frame i bought from Berg. i believe it is a 289 , pulled the temp sending unit out and the tag states 289. was going to add an aftermarket temp gauge but there is nowhere to put it. stock hole is to small. may have to order an intake.
but all in all it runs out well. new tires , new delphi close ratio power steering , grant wheel , i threw in a 60 dollar pep boys deck and some cheap jensens for noise.
but i have one i can drive now!!!!!!!!!!!!
pics coming....
shon
pics

Attached Files Image(s)

Shon looking good. What are your plans for the Bronco?
this is going to be my driver. so replace the grill and fender, repair the bed section so i can put a rear seat in and now...
since when i went to leave work last night the headlights would not come. so i was going to jump staight to them to get home.must have blew a fuse while i was tinkering. but the plug on the dimmer switch was pushed off.now my left blinker indicator is on , the right blinker is slow and real dim , and i never did check the brake lights . the blinkers did have some issues already and the cluster lights work on bright only. So, I already have a new wiring harness i got off e-bay. so i may update that first. should'nt be to bad , lights , wipers and a fan switch... i know theres more but i only need lights and ignition.
the rear of the dash has all the factory , plus whatever has been added, cut ,re-arranged over the years. so clearing some clutter may help. just need a schematic big enough to read and hope of the original colors remain.
shon
looks good ... :biggthumpup:

hopefully you figure out the elec. probs ... :xyxthumbs:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
this is going to be my driver. so replace the grill and fender, repair the bed section so i can put a rear seat in and now...
since when i went to leave work last night the headlights would not come. so i was going to jump staight to them to get home.must have blew a fuse while i was tinkering. but the plug on the dimmer switch was pushed off.now my left blinker indicator is on , the right blinker is slow and real dim , and i never did check the brake lights . the blinkers did have some issues already and the cluster lights work on bright only. So, I already have a new wiring harness i got off e-bay. so i may update that first. should'nt be to bad , lights , wipers and a fan switch... i know theres more but i only need lights and ignition.
the rear of the dash has all the factory , plus whatever has been added, cut ,re-arranged over the years. so clearing some clutter may help. just need a schematic big enough to read and hope of the original colors remain.
shon