Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the Big Dog
Got the Big Dog back last night. Don't know what they did to it but it is a little quieter. It still ticks and is dependant on engine RPM. I would feel more comfortable if I knew it wasn't going to lead to catastrophic failure, again. I can't afford that. Going to rebuild the original and have it as a spare when this one blows up. Thats the power of positive thinking.

Tim
74 Bronco Ranger halfcab w/toys: lockers f&r, wristed arm, C4, D20, hyd assist steering, 37"MTRs, warm 302. Capability, that's what I'm talkin' bout.
[Image: 2rwp56f.png]
Hope it last forever Tim ... :biggthumpup:

Good luck and keep us posted Confusedmokin:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
Good to hear you have it back. I guess once bitten, twice shy. Can't blame you.
'72 TBA...
congrats. i know you are happy to see it back in the driveway.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
I really like the truck, I really do. It gets a lot of compliments and it hurts to say I bought it that way. But nervous is more the emotion now. Just waiting for the hammer to drop I guess. Thats alright, though. I have the backup.
74 Bronco Ranger halfcab w/toys: lockers f&r, wristed arm, C4, D20, hyd assist steering, 37"MTRs, warm 302. Capability, that's what I'm talkin' bout.
Glad to hear it's back on the road. Hopefully your problem was a one time problem and this new motor serves you well.
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
Good Luck:xyxthumbs:
Took the truck in two weeks ago Wed. Got it back last Sat. They couldn't find out what was wrong with it. Still ticked when I got it back. Going to work this morning, hit overdrive and the truck shuddered. Got out of it and babied it the rest of the way to work. Same thing coming home tonight. Hit overdrive and it shuddered. Like an out of balance shudder. Limped it to Wallyworld and checked the trans fluid. What trans fluid? After just 3 1/2 quarts it doesn't shudder any more. Ticking is down to a minimum. I figure the damage is already done. Rotating assembly in the trans, too. Converter low on fluid. Goes like it has some grip now. Hope I didn't kill the trans running it low. I can hear the injectors hum, the turbo whine and tire noise. All sounds I like.

Tim
All I can say is WOW! Who would have thought?
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
Still has a little tick to it but not like its coming apart. Hope it hangs in there for awhile.