Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan CB4X4 Fall Crawl?
We need to try to schedule a CB4x4 run in Harlan, KY towards the end of this year. That could give some of us with un-finished rigs a goal to shoot for completion. I know that we currently have mine, Chuck's, Mike's, Aaron's, & Bryan Bailey's crawlers that are on jackstands but in the works. Others that are currently running and always being improved on.

What do you think? I know MEB did their Fawl Crawl up there last year - great event! I don't know if they plan on returning there this year or not, but we could join them if so or we could do it a different weekend.

Maybe this thread should be moved, but I'm just seeing if there is some interest.
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
Didn't take long for that to get moved....

I'm interested. That's a cool place.
Time, Money & Effort
Laurens County, SC
SC74 Wrote:Didn't take long for that to get moved....

hehehe ... :hysterical: :biggthumpup: :hysterical:

I would love to try Harlan !!! Confusedmokin: :notworthy: Confusedmokin:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
SC74 Wrote:We need to try to schedule a CB4x4 run in Harlan, KY towards the end of this year. That could give some of us with un-finished rigs a goal to shoot for completion. I know that we currently have mine, Chuck's, Mike's, Aaron's, & Bryan Bailey's crawlers that are on jackstands but in the works. Others that are currently running and always being improved on.

What do you think? I know MEB did their Fawl Crawl up there last year - great event! I don't know if they plan on returning there this year or not, but we could join them if so or we could do it a different weekend.

Maybe this thread should be moved, but I'm just seeing if there is some interest.

MEB is scheduled to be there October 9-10 for the Fawl Crawl. It's not like an "event" more like an organized get-together and trail ride. We will get a few local trail guides that know the area really well to lead some groups, you are also welcome to form your own group and explore as you please. It's open to anyone, we even have people attend and bring friends who have other vehicles, it's all about having fun and wheeling with friends. More info will be posted about the specifics at http://www.earlybroncos.com

Harlan is a great place to ride - there are trails for everyone. And most of the hard obstacles are just off roads or have easier lines/go-arounds so the whole group can ride together and stay on their level of trails. Had a great time there last year, just got to remember to use lock-tite on them driveshaft bolts Confusedupergrin:

One thing new is that they have instituted a fee system a few months ago.

http://kymc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4138

Nick
'73 Bronco - trail modified
im down for Harlen!!!! Im gonna get my junk ready...i want some!
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
If it weren't for Nick I wouldn't have had a ride last year - thanks again Nick!

I had heard a rumor that the MEB Fawl Crawl might not be there this year. I'm glad to hear that it is though since it was such an awesome place.

im very interested.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
October is closer than it sounds. Early October at that. That's only 2.5 months away really :banghead: I think the work end of things could get mine on the trail, but don't know if I could afford the gears and lockers by then. It's definitely a goal to shoot for though. If there's enough interest let's pick a date and put it on the calendar. I'm game for meeting with the MEB - last year was great. I'm also game for doing it later in the month or even November to give us more time to get our trucks back together. :rebel:

SC74 Wrote:If it weren't for Nick I wouldn't have had a ride last year - thanks again Nick!

I had heard a rumor that the MEB Fawl Crawl might not be there this year. I'm glad to hear that it is though since it was such an awesome place.

you're quite welcome, I was glad to have you with me. It's fun having a passenger, makes the ride a little less boring. You know I rode that whole weekend with a broken cross shaft in the front diff. I was surprised I didn't have a serious failure.

Haven't heard any rumors about not being there, we should start posting on the sites and mail lists soon, so that should take care of any rumors.

If you want to watch people doing crazy things with rigs the KYMC fawl crawl Oct. 23-25 would be fun to attend as well. The first MEB event at Harlan, we combined with their event. Great people and a great time. Some of those guys have amazing rigs. The pic is of one of our trail guides named Bud. That's a Bronco with 44" boggers on top of his 54" bogger. Bud's rig could walk up a 5' ledge without any problems.

Nick

Attached Files Image(s)

'73 Bronco - trail modified

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  16th Annual CB4x4 November Run snipes243 1 4,681 07-06-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Bronco Biff
  Harlan trip during flood scbronco 1 1,679 10-28-2015, 08:05 PM
Last Post: chuzie
  MEB Fawl Crawl Harlan, KY Oct. 12-13, 2012 nhopman 20 5,811 10-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Last Post: SC74
  HARLAN KY Here I come!! SC74 8 2,604 10-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Last Post: nhopman
  MEB Fawl Crawl - October 14-15, 2011 nhopman 1 1,858 09-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  It's official - Nov. 6-7 - 5th Annual Fall URE Run locolizard 185 26,976 12-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Last Post: firefighter2134
  MEB Fawl Crawl, Harlan KY October 15-16, *PICS ADDED* nhopman 35 6,297 10-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Last Post: jollygrngiant
  MEB Fawl Crawl October 15-16, 2010 nhopman 6 2,079 09-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  cb4x4 ure 11/10/07 pics broncomania 35 7,062 02-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Last Post: broncomania
  Fall Crawl Oct 9-11 godevil 39 6,709 10-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Last Post: johnpaulgolf