Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'88 clunker
I'm thinking about trading my '88 B2 in on a new car. It could be worth $4500 to me. Not bad since I only have $1250 in it. I just hate to think about it being crushed. It has a rust free body with no dents. A very good interior but it does need painting. I promised it to my grandson but he has shown no interest in it. I don't need it and I do need a new car. My '89 B2 DD has 211,600 miles on it and I need to stop driving it so much. I'm really torn between the two possibilities. Any input would help!! :xyxthumbs:
Psalms 27:1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cash For Clunkers program is an "up to" 4500 program, from what I underdstand. I haven't heard of anyone getting the 4500 yet... So far the max I heard was 1500 for a 94 Explorer... It's worth investigating on your end, if you're in the market for a new ride, but before you trade it in for x dollars, post it up for sale or parts here and see if you can get it's "real" value out of it and/or know that it's going to a good home...

Just my 2 cents.
JayT
1988 is too old to qualify for the program. :banghead:
1989 is the cut off date.
Sorry Clint
I've investigated this very deeply and according to the gov. web site; 1 it cannot be over 25 years old,2 you must have an improvement of 10 mpg to qualify for the $4500, 3 it must have been registered to you for 2 years or more and 4 it must be running. I'm wanting to trade for a Ford Focus SES. My avg. according to the fed's is 17 combined; the combined for the Focus is 28mpg. So my B2 qualifies for the big money and is an acceptable "clunker" trade in. Right now there is a $1500 rebate on the car I'm looking at so it is even more enticing. I can get the car and finance only $13180 and the payments will be around $230 for 60 mos. Parting ole red out is, for me, not an option. I already am in the process of parting out an'87 and it's taking a long time to get the thing out of my yard. I just believe this is the way i should go. I guess I'm looking for some feed back because I really don't want to do this to 'ole Red! :xyxthumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My bad clint. I was looking for your Bronco on Edmunds and it's not listed.
Then the fine print says they don't list vehicles older than 1989.

If you qualify I would say go for it. 'ole Red sounds like he did a good job for you
but rusting away in the yard or being picked apart for years is not a good way to end it.
Either fix him up or send him off to live again in a new car, hopefully not a Chevy!
66stocker Wrote:Either fix him up or send him off to live again in a new car, hopefully not a Chevy!

10-4 on not being reborn as a "chebby"!!! LOL :xyxthumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i wish i could trade you my car and you trade my beater in. lol . i like that b2 you got.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
Id go for it you will never get that much for it in the real world. :biggthumpup:
Life is short------drive your bronco everyday!
berg bronco Wrote:Id go for it you will never get that much for it in the real world. :biggthumpup:

Well, Josh, you've seen it and know that the exterior is rough, no rust but rough never the less. I talked to the Hyundai folks yesterday. (My wife's choice!) That was a waste of time. If we get time we're going to the Ford store today. :xyxthumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
good luck clint.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868