Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid freakin double flare tool!
I guess I have worn out my flaring tool. Tried to repair a 3/16 line today and the little sucker keeps sliding out of the block. Suggestions before I lose my mind?

BTW- This is the rear brake line coming out the the proportioning valve so I am trying to repair in while it is installed on the frame. NOT A FUN AREA!
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
Those can be a pain when it's out on the bench. Under the truck ...damn!
Sometimes you can wrap a piece of duct tape around the line to give the block
something to bite. Other than that, time for a new block?

Good luck!
This isn't going to be any help, but after trying to flare the same piece in the truck for the 3rd time and still having leaks, I abandond all hope of being to double flare and just got screw-on fittings and braided hose for all the brake lines. It cost a bit to make the change, but I kept my sanity and made fixes easier down the road.
'73 Bronco - trail modified
I think my sanity left the premises already today.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:

If its not a high end tool (snap on, mac, matco) its probably worn out and due to be replaced. In a pinch I have filled down the block to make the mating surfices tighter.
Did you get the prop vavle mounted?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am going to just buy another block. It was a cheap POS anyway. Prop valve is mounted only after I spent half the day looking for the stupid bracket. Needless to say it was right under my nose the entire time!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horn and License Plate Light - Stupid NC State INspection!!!!! UTFLIWGYA 15 4,442 11-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Last Post: broncomatt