Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much
What is a fair price for a mechanic to change ring and pinion gears for the front and rear? labor only
Life is short------drive your bronco everyday!
well some people charge about $500 per set(:rubeyesSmile...shawn and i have charged $200 per set, and they bought everthing(gears,complete install kits)
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
$500 to $600 to do both f & r is what I'm being quoted around here for my bruggy.
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
Buy the book ... buy the tools ... learn how to do it yourself ... and after one or two you will prolly break even and learn a new and valuble skill :biggthumpup:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
blazinchuck Wrote:shawn and i have charged $200 per set, and they bought everthing(gears,complete install kits)

Same here. Sometimes I charge a little less if they bring me clean axles not under a vehicle.
I paid 800 for both front and rear and an arb install they both stripped and out of the car. You can probably get it cheaper down here the labor rate at my house is lot more.
68 Half cab
johnpaulgolf Wrote:Buy the book ... buy the tools ... learn how to do it yourself ... and after one or two you will prolly break even and learn a new and valuble skill :biggthumpup:

Very true, but it could also be an expensive learning curve. I have seen people burn a set of gears up in no time from an easy mistake on the install.
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
I have seen axles that were set up by shops scream and explode. Not a job to cut your teeth on. It takes practise and experiance to do it right. The 9" is much easyer since you can put the chuck in the vise. The dana 44 is a bit more work.
Broncomatt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I changed the gears on my 78 a while back. lets just say thats why im getting quotes
Life is short------drive your bronco everyday!
made a call to a shop for ya . north GA. price is around 650
shon
did ya get the wheels on?
I think my rust is rusting...
I can't remember which mistake comes next...