Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my EB suggestion thread..."BS"
wow, i just thought i would vent some :mad: here i am trying to complete this
bronco and i keep running into problems, that shouldnt be.. AND feel free to add to this list some of the things you were told to do................AND IT DOESNT WORK?:?

im installing the 5.0EFI in my bronco

i was told the harness would include the wiring for the alternator (wrong) it has a small wire from the ign. to basically turn the alt on. there is something missing if you were to run a 3G,stock alt, or whatever(in my case,premier welder alt) it doesnt come with the other half of the wiring plug that is provided or wiring for the other alts.

i was told to run the EB oil pan and i can use either dip stick wrong again... the EB pan covers part of the hole in the 5.0 block where the 5.0 dip stick would enter the block-AWESOME!!!! guess there is a reason the EFI pan was notched in that area. so now i have to block/fill that driver side hole in the block and go back with the oil pan dip stick from the EB

no provision for the EGR on the RJM harness...so i call-guess what? you dont need it....ok done, next problem... well the harness isnt long enough for me to plug in my IAC...so i call-guess what? you need to remove the whole EGR and that 2" spacer....maybe that will shorten the throttle body enough to plug the IAC in. ok done-but no where to bolt up the bracket for the throttle............RIGHT ON!:banghead: so i made a 1/4 plate drilled/tapped and installed-more time wasted on something i didnt expect.

yes, i know there will always be things that "pop" up....but you would think that by now.....someone has already done whatever you are doing on a EB!

i know there is a heck of a lot more, that i have found over the last few years...but i just cant remember all that stuff now. sorry for the venting, but damn...3 steps forward-2 steps BACK!
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
oh yeah...the ole VSS which has been touched on today i saw(classicbroncos). well, i was told you "just run your cable in the back of the VSS"....................."REALLY!?"

well, i see the right fix for that now. but, thats yet another example of someone not really knowing the right answer-so they give you their opinion-(BS!)
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Yikes! Sounds like complete hell! You've come a LONG way and WILL get it done! Keep your head up!

And when you're done, you'll post up a complete list of traps and how to avoid or fix them... Then, all of us will be the wiser and owe you a HUGE debt of gratitude! You're the trail BLAZIN Poohbah for a reason.... :biggthumpup:
I feel your pain Chuck. What should take an hour or two will eat a day up before you know it b/c of the un-anticipated CRAP. You have come a LONG way in a short time - you'll get it done and all those headaches will be worth it when you are the most BadA rig on the trail and can conquer obstacles others can't :rebel:
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
I am sure lots of folks have run into these, and many other, issues before. The problem is few mention the issues to the masses and it never disseminated to those of us at the bottom of the food pyramid. Now when it comes to vendors, that is a entirely different story. I know darn well when someone has a problem with something the first person they call is the vendor. For a vendor to be either clueless or providing bad information on a consistent basis is inexcusable. I know we can't expect them to know every potential problem with each of their products but the previously mentioned items are some of the larger "gotchas" that a vendor has a responsibility to provide accurate information about when purchasing their product.

Time for some folks to get their Sh*t together.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
SC74 Wrote:I feel your pain Chuck. What should take an hour or two will eat a day up before you know it b/c of the un-anticipated CRAP. You have come a LONG way in a short time - you'll get it done and all those headaches will be worth it when you are the most BadA rig on the trail and can conquer obstacles others can't :rebel:

Awesome. Way to help a brother along.:beer:
c'mon chuck dont give up. you can do it.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
don't forget to buy a whole new radiator (or get very creative with the hose routing). BC broncos sells a reverse inlet water pump, but it doesn't bolt up to an early 90's block... i feel your pain, i'm in the middle of a 5.0 swap myself. this is one of those things that has cost me 4x more in time and money than i originally thought. so much for getting a great deal on the motor....
broncosbybart Wrote:don't forget to buy a whole new radiator (or get very creative with the hose routing). BC broncos sells a reverse inlet water pump, but it doesn't bolt up to an early 90's block... i feel your pain, i'm in the middle of a 5.0 swap myself. this is one of those things that has cost me 4x more in time and money than i originally thought. [SIZE="2"]so much for getting a great deal on the motor:hysterical:[/SIZE]....
i know what ya mean...lol. ive 'bout bought this motor 3x :banghead:
:banghead: :crying: :crying: :crying: :banghead:

Stop your daYum crying and get that junk RUNNING ... :thefinger: :notworthy: :thefinger:

:brownbag:

:finger:

Big Grin

:hug:

:argue: Confusedlap: :poke:

:wacko: :clap: :wacko:

:deal:

:popc1: :popc1: :popc1:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shirts! 10th Annual NovRun shirt thread chuzie 129 17,325 12-06-2015, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Bronco Biff
  Closed Thread: snipes243 2 944 10-16-2015, 12:07 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  Official Recovery Thread blazinchuck 248 64,093 06-17-2013, 09:11 PM
Last Post: BucknEB
  the shock thread blazinchuck 9 1,774 02-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  official BroncoII.org thread blazinchuck 3 1,813 07-27-2009, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Mill Knob