Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5.0 EFI idle issues?
ok now that ive been running the bronco since Thurs 12th...ive notice the motor is running a touch rich...no smoke tho. also when im trail riding, no issues. but, when i drive a short or long distance above a certain rpm...when i come to a stop(ie. traffic light,stop sign,etc.) it takes a good 20-30secs. before it will come back to the set idle. this is kinda aggrivating since it makes down shifting a pain. can anyone give me some thoughts on this.

motor is a 91 mustang 5.0 HO, a9l computer,rjm harness,egr delete, new o2 sensors,new coil,wires,plugs. thanks,Chuck
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
TPS? Although seems like that'd give you more trouble than this...
Air Charge Temp or MAF sensors??? Have you cleaned the MAF with some non contact cleaner?
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
Do you run a vehicle speed sensor?
'72 TBA...
id go with bucketofbolts, you need the vss it tells the engine when you are stopped, moving, slowing down, it will also cause your slight running rich problem
i do have a used VSS installed, i never cleaned the MAF(look ok according to chuzie) the air charge is used as well. we adjusted the tps when we got it going.
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
What is your base timing set at?
'72 TBA...
we set it stock, i think around 12-14btc
Stock should be 10* BTC. But 12-14* shouldn't be excessive.

When it returns to normal idle what is the rpm?
'72 TBA...
no clue, my monster tach bit the dust...i have to replace or fix it