Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Is Gone
T'was a sad day indeed when I watched my ole red Eddie Bauer leave my yard on the roll back yesterday. I've worked hard to make it presentable and it only needed painting to be finished. My grandson showed an interest in ole red from a young age. When he turns 16 in March it should be ready for him. A friend is going to do the finishing touches, including paint, and we're going to give it to my grandson for his birthday. I just hope he loves the ole '88 as much as I did. farewell my ole friend and keep my grandson safe and keep him trucking!!!!!! :xyxthumbs:
Psalms 27:1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
That's awesome... I love to see things like cars/trucks passed down to younger generations. I personally have always taken a lot of pride in the things that I have passed down to me. It will make a great first Bronco for him and I'm sure he'll love it. You are a good man for doing that!!!
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
SC74 Wrote:That's awesome... I love to see things like cars/trucks passed down to younger generations. I personally have always taken a lot of pride in the things that I have passed down to me. It will make a great first Bronco for him and I'm sure he'll love it. You are a good man for doing that!!!

Thanks, I agree with you. I've always wanted him into my hobby but he likes trails and such so there's no telling what he has in store for a very good uncut '88 B2. It's his now to do with as he pleases and if it keeps him off the streets then so be it!!! Of course, Paw Paw will be there to help!!!! LOL :xyxthumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
then you and your grandson can come do some trail riding. I had my bII and then sold it to my brother and we both loved it the motor finally blew with 330,??? miles on it when he got rid of it. I will have another one day and one day soon if the gas prices dont drop some the 351 is killin me
Lifes a garden dig it
trkbilder Wrote:T'was a sad day indeed when I watched my ole red Eddie Bauer leave my yard on the roll back yesterday. I've worked hard to make it presentable and it only needed painting to be finished. My grandson showed an interest in ole red from a young age. When he turns 16 in March it should be ready for him. A friend is going to do the finishing touches, including paint, and we're going to give it to my grandson for his birthday. I just hope he loves the ole '88 as much as I did. farewell my ole friend and keep my grandson safe and keep him trucking!!!!!! :xyxthumbs:

As heartbreaking as it might be to let it go, I'm sure your grandson will appreciate it a whole lot, that's how I got my green 90' Eddie Bauer was because of a generous grandfather! Smile I too showed lots of interest in it from an early age (he taught me how to drive in the thing!) so he wanted to give it to me as soon as I got back in the country and needed a car again!

Now I'm hesitant to cut it up, but I love it as my DD! I'm trying to make tasteful mods and do stuff to it that is either easily reversible or makes it a better daily driver. I plan to never get rid of it, if I want another car I'll just save until I can afford it, no need to sell the ol' Bronco!

If he appreciates it even half as much as I did, then he's gonna love it! And my grandfather never had the interest in cars that you do, so I'm sure that will be an added bonus that you're willing to work on it with him!! Smile
1990 Bronco II Eddie Bauer Edition, 1989 Bronco II XLT, But what to do to them???? :rubeyes:
trkbilder....Wow, what a perfect example of a grandfather's love. The sacrifice of a treasured B2 to a grandson is an awesome gesture. I hope to someday be able to follow your lead with my own grandson....:xyxthumbs:
Mike Edwards....74 Bronco ($ Money Pit $)
Thanks guys, I appreciate the accolades and just as a side note, he already has a killer sound system installed. He has a friend who has already bought the red paint for it and as soon as it warms up a little ,we're going to start with the repaint. He wants it one color even though it's an EB. He has chosen "Cimmarron Red", it's a metallic red from a 2004 Explorer. If he wants to add EB paint scheme later there is a contrasting Gold that was used on the same vehicle. He is really into reworking that ride and I'm into helping him all I can. :xyxthumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]