Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ifs vs solid
Me and my buddy got into a disagreement the other day on which is better IFS or a solid axle in which he made a few points that made no sense and he says the only reason people go with the solid is because it is cheaper Confusedcratchhe: . So after the preachin I think I might of got to him (I hope) and after thinkin about it today I coulnt think of any advantage the IFS has in a true WHEELING situation. Is there? I know about pre runners running it but that is a race im talkin rocks,hills,stumps, and mud.
Lifes a garden dig it
I think the IFS has the advantage in offroad/desert racing, less unsprung weight and can get a lot of travel out of it. For mud, rocks, or trails, the solid axle has more strength and durability.
'72 TBA...
bucketobolts Wrote:I think the IFS has the advantage in offroad/desert racing, less unsprung weight and can get a lot of travel out of it. For mud, rocks, or trails, the solid axle has more strength and durability.

X 2!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
79 FS 351M, Trac loc HPD44, Detroit 9", 4.56's, 37 Toyo's, 17" Helo Maxx 6

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setting a solid foundation - how to prep the frame Earthguy 5 957 02-24-2014, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Crawdad
  solid diff covers snipes243 3 1,256 12-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Last Post: broncomania
  Looking for a solid body for a rebuild gigabytethis 0 1,412 05-31-2008, 04:43 PM
Last Post: gigabytethis