Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Love shack
2005 terry m-250rks. got a great deal on it because it needed some floor repair. got it home sunday.

[Image: DSC00200.jpg]
[Image: DSC00201.jpg]
[Image: DSC00202.jpg]
[Image: DSC00204.jpg]
[Image: DSC00206.jpg]
[Image: DSC00207-1.jpg]
[Image: camper101.jpg]
[Image: camper102.jpg]
[Image: camper103.jpg]
[Image: camper105.jpg]
[Image: camper106.jpg]
[Image: camper107.jpg]
[Image: camper108.jpg]
Eric. :rebel:
tore into it today

started tearing the bad stuff out. it is going to take a few days to dry everything out. these things are put together half assed and backwards. the cabnets are stapled to th wall from the outside. like before they closed it in. got the bed and bedside cabnets removed. tore up the floor in there. also opend up the slide, removed the couch. took off one layer of osb to get to the rotten stuff. also pulled some of the kit cabnets up so i could get the floor up and get it drying. the membrane on the bottom was holding a lot of water and so was the insulation. got most of the bad areas opened up.

[Image: repair01.jpg]
[Image: repair02.jpg]
[Image: repair03.jpg]
[Image: repair04.jpg]
[Image: repair05.jpg]
[Image: repair06.jpg]
[Image: repair07.jpg]
[Image: repair08.jpg]
[Image: repair09.jpg]
[Image: repair10.jpg]
[Image: repair11.jpg]
[Image: repair12.jpg]
[Image: repair13.jpg]
[Image: repair14.jpg]
[Image: repair15.jpg]
[Image: repair16.jpg]
[Image: repair17.jpg]
[Image: repair18.jpg]
[Image: repair19.jpg]
[Image: repair20.jpg]
[Image: repair21.jpg]
[Image: repair22.jpg]
[Image: repair23.jpg]
[Image: repair24.jpg]
[Image: repair25.jpg]
[Image: repair26.jpg]
[Image: repair27.jpg]
[Image: repair28.jpg]
[Image: repair29.jpg]
[Image: repair30.jpg]
[Image: repair31.jpg]
[Image: repair32.jpg]
[Image: repair33.jpg]
[Image: repair34.jpg]
[Image: repair35.jpg]
[Image: repair36.jpg]
Just wow. You wouldnt think a camper that new looking could possibly have that much water damage. Where was the water getting in?
Not a Bronco owner, but a Bronco enthusiast!

Doing big things......On leaf springs and 37's!

1984 CUCV Blazer 6.2 diesel, SM465/NP205 Dana 60, 14 bolt, detroits, recentered H1 double beadlocks, 37 inch military Goodyears.
Looks like a lot of work... Keep it up! Do you know how you're going to put the cabinets back in "the right way"? How'd that pull behind the X?
shawnboymoody Wrote:Just wow. You wouldnt think a camper that new looking could possibly have that much water damage. Where was the water getting in?
actually its not. you would be surprized how damaged even a 2 year old camper can be. i think the water in the bedroom was from the pass thru storage door seals and the tyvek or membrane underneath has a couple spots that were allowing water from underneath. the kitchen i believe was the water heater or plumbing to it. the slider floor was from underneath on the outside. the rear door was from the rear door i think. there is no sighn of leaks from above.

JayT Wrote:Looks like a lot of work... Keep it up! Do you know how you're going to put the cabinets back in "the right way"? How'd that pull behind the X?
i didnt have a weight dist hitch or anti sway and it did good. it weighs about 4900lbs empty. i dont know what im going to do yet. i might just replace them all with a better cabnet and counter tops. i will secure them like you would in a house. stringers attached to studs. these cabnets are basically 3/4x3/4 pine and cardboard. the drawers are made decent.
Eric, you don't waste any time getting at the root of a problem, do ya? Looks like a lot of work from our perspective (outside looking in). We will keep cheering you on from afar as the work progresses. Keep those posts w/pictures coming so we can enjoy the transformation along with you. [SIZE="3"]Kudos to ya, You Da Man !![/SIZE] :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
Mike Edwards....74 Bronco ($ Money Pit $)
it wouldnt be so much work if they wer more like a stick built home. just the way they attach some things could be thought out better. I couldnt imagine dealing with them everyday like redsblue73's husband David does.
I paid 3360 total for this. it books for 10k or so
well tore out some more. i have to take the water heater out to be able to repair the floor. its too cold and snowing today and it goes in from the outside. im unsure what im going to do with the cabnets. i have some ideas but i have to do some more research. i can only finish removing the cabnet and tear up the floor then i will have to let everything dry out really well. i might get one of the little torpedo heaters to speed up the process.

[Image: repair101.jpg]
[Image: repair102.jpg]
[Image: repair103.jpg]
[Image: repair104.jpg]
[Image: repair105.jpg]
[Image: repair106.jpg]
[Image: repair107.jpg]
[Image: repair108.jpg]
[Image: repair109.jpg]
[Image: repair110.jpg]
[Image: repair111.jpg]
[Image: repair112.jpg]
[Image: repair113.jpg]
[Image: repair114.jpg]
[Image: repair115.jpg]
[Image: repair116.jpg]
[Image: repair117.jpg]
[Image: repair118.jpg]
[Image: repair119.jpg]
It takes guts to dive in like you have. Cant wait to see the finished work. Are you a carpenter by trade?
Not a Bronco owner, but a Bronco enthusiast!

Doing big things......On leaf springs and 37's!

1984 CUCV Blazer 6.2 diesel, SM465/NP205 Dana 60, 14 bolt, detroits, recentered H1 double beadlocks, 37 inch military Goodyears.