Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Fine 69
so i got home from charleston yesterday with some new goodies. good ole 302gonna do an engine swap. i will keep progress posted. havent really done anything to it yet. new to me gotta figure out where to start.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey firefighter, you may need to rejet that 302, you know with the elevation change from the coast to way up in NC!!!
so i got some work done on that 302 today.. pulled valve covers and oil pan. gonna change oil pump, and gaskets and build a stand and run a compression test. if everything checks out ok ill be ready for swap. lets hope for the best. everthing looks good from outside so far...:chili::wav::chili:
well i ordered parts for conversion today got discount at toms...now off to shop to build engine and tranny cradle for compression test and to run to test and tune..
good luck.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
good luck, glad Tom's hooked ya up too
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
got the engine and tranny cradle almost finished. just a couple more pcs to add but to do that i got to get engine buttoned back up and for that gotta have the big brown truck.

Attached Files Image(s)

got new oil pump and pick up tube installed today. shooting to get compression test done monday. i bought a new one pc felpro oil pan gasket. does anyone know if you put rtv on it or not?

Attached Files Image(s)

If you can't fix it with a hammer and a welder then your gonna need a new one!
I like a thin skim coat on either side of the gasket and the rubber peices that go on the main bearing caps. Be sure to remove any dimpled bolt holes with a hammer and socket. The pan should be flat. Be sure your dip stick tube isnt leaking too. Very common in the eb oil pans.
Broncomatt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
thanks will get bottom end buttoned up tomorrow after work.
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a welder then your gonna need a new one!