Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child safety seat
Does anyone know if it is possible to safely secure a child seat into a 4-point harness?

If not, does anyone know how to fabricate a LATCH restraint system?

Trying to find a way to secure my kids in the Bronco.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
I do not know, but am completely on this mission too... If I find something, I'll let ya know.
duct tape..that stuff will hold anything in...lol j/k
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a welder then your gonna need a new one!
thx
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:

How young are you looking at?

http://simpsonraceproducts.com/products/...page=index
I already have the child seats which just happen to have a 5 point harness built in. My problem is securing that child seat into my seats which have 4 point harnesses.

Most child seats are secured using a standard 3-point belt or the LATCH system. I have neither of those in my bronco and am looking for a solution (other than installing a 3 point).

I used a lap belt that was bolted through supports in the floor. A secondary ratchet strap, just there for piece of mind, that was hooked into seat slider cross-mounts and large washers.

With the angle of the lap belt pulling down and to the rear of the seat, I never had any problems.

[Image: 100_4823.jpg]
That is an awesome picture!!!

I think my solution may be just to fab up a custom belt that I mount into my double shear tabs when I have the kids around.

Just remember that a 5 point harness on a racing seat is not DOT approved, make sure a seat belt from a car or truck is in there somewhere to avoid a ticket. I know your child's safety is you main priority not a ticket, but still.
Joseph I.T. Guy! "Weeehooo, uh oh!"
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/PRP-...16616.html

PRP seats for 1-6yo.