Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hand throttle
anyone got pics or ideas for using a hand throttle. I thought there was one on here already, but I didn't find it yet.Thanks,Chuck
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
ask junkieblue he has one and it is cool can hold the brake clutch and have it redlining at the same time (i do the samething but i hold the brake and gas at the same time (learned to do that from watching nascar roadraces))
86broncoII with 2in of lift 31x!2.50 SUPER SWAMPER BOGGERS steeringstableizer, skyjacker ext brakelines, and james duff prerunner front bumper
check "awdirect". Tow trucks and fire trucks use them.
Red knob, pull it out and spin it in raises the rpm. push it back in and it returns to base idle.
broncomatt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
check "awdirect". Tow trucks and fire trucks use them.
Red knob, pull it out and spin it in raises the rpm. push it back in and it returns to base idle.
broncomatt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have seen a few on some rigs. The best one I saw was a bicycle index shifter. It would click over and stay at that position. It worked really well. Have been wanting to put one on my rig as well. Oh yea, he had it moounted to his gear stick
i made mine just like carl is talking about. works great . takes alittle working with it to get the idle right. stole the shifter off my little sister's old bike.
bryan
66 bronco, lots of tube, 302 boat motor, 435/203/205, 10.25 rear, 60 front, 42 iroks
I just got a bike brake handle and cable, went thru the fire wall to the carb. I mounted the handle to the gear shift. Worked great.
here's mine chuck, its a bike brake handle and is hooked to the throttle linkage at the carb http://classicbroncos.com/photos/showpho...32&cat=500
66 Rockrawler, 66 RestoMod
[SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
thanks guys, I was working on mine today. Even got it finished... sorta!
I have the trail banger shifter, so I thought it would look nice having the cable clamped to the connecting bar. So i drilled and tapped two 10-32 holes to mount clamps and routed everything nicely. Use a short(2.5") light small chain connected to the lever on the carb and then to the cable. Just forgot one small detail...give yourself slack!!!!! So now when I got to reverse, the darn motor revs up. Guess, I will be fixing that on Sunday.Chuck
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
I got this fixed today. I bought a new cable and hooked it all up. I can shift every gear and everything works good. It is a little hard due to heavy return springs on the carb, but I should be able to lighten those up some. I'll post a few pics later,chuck