Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maiden voyage
I'm planning a trip to Uwharrie Sept 10-12. The plan at this point is to take my two daughters along for a weekend of camping and some light trail riding. Need some advice on the best trails for my rig and recommendations on camp sites. Thanks in advance. :xyxthumbs:

JayT, I referred to your old post but the links are broken. If you have an updated URL for the trail maps, please pass it along. Thanks!

Oh, and I prefer not to roll it JP :toothy12:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
heres the map i use... http://home.windstream.net/ezduzit/uwharrie.gif

i would think Falls Dam and Dickey Bell would be a good match for you. they can be done without a front locker and have bypasses for all the tougher areas i believe.

as for camping...i always use Arrowhead Campground...
http://www.carolinabroncos.com/forums/sh....php?t=136
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Balls... Thanks for the heads up... fixed the broken links. (Apparently when I moved my stuff to a new server, I left a few files off)...

Good luck! let me know if you need a hand getting it ready for the trip!

Maybe you could join us, riding as a passenger, on our workday on the 21st and get some good first-hand knowledge of the trails.

JayT
Great news Trey :biggthumpup: ... Don't rush anything getting her back together. I think URE will be alot ALOT of fun for you and your family! They have bypasses just about everywhere so just choose you battles. Hopefully you can hook up with some others in order not to be out there alone. Confusedmokin:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
I've reserved a spot in Arrowhead. Where do I get the ORV trail passes?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Elderado outpost...its the closest gas station to URE. coming from Troy on 109...its on the left 1/2 mile before the left to arrowhead on Mullinix rd.

heres the map you should print out...its the best and easiest to read. it shows the outpost also and campgrounds

Attached Files Image(s)

77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
this might work better... http://beyond-beta.com/broncos/uwharrietrails.gif
Given the fact that I'm bringing some young kids on the trip, what are some good activities that I can do to entertain my girls in Uwharrie when we're not on the trails? I'm planning the normal campsite fun but wondering what other activities people would recommend.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Not really much more than camping... The zoo is 30-40 minutes away... Maybe the Stables across from the Outpost give rides...
go to the the lake(just behind the campsite,walking distance) do some fishing,swimming