Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New (to me) cummins
Just sold my 04 Tacoma Doublecab Prerunner and picked up an 01 2wd Dodge 2500 5 speed. My first diesel so I gotta learn all the ins and outs. Not looking to make a drag racer out of it, but any good mods to add power and keep up the mileage I'd be interested in. First order of business is to get rid of the raked stance. Right now I'm split between getting a leveling kit for the front and some bigger tires, or dropping the rear and putting on some 20s. Opinions?

[Image: diesel010.jpg]
NICE truck....your best option is to check out our new site http://palmettoperformancediesels.com
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Dammit chuck beat me to it... You're in the right crowd at PPD for the Cummins!

Congrats!
lol....on second thought...wanna trade hehe
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Thanks guys

yea i figured i would sign up on PPD...

hey chuck...so you wanna trade me big red for my halfcab and trade trucks too? :laugh1: hopefully i can make it out to the Kicken Chicken next time....been out of town the last two times ya'll met up.
Chuck must have persuaded you into a Cummins! Very nice truck and you will be pleased with the Cummins motor. I still have my eyes on the look out for a diesel but have to finish a house first (and a bronco, and my honey-do list, and....).
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
just picked up some 20" KMC Badlands in Bronze finish for a smoooooooookin deal and will be getting some 275/55's to go on them here in the near future. anybody know any good tire shops around Charleston that can mount 20's without beating them to death, and still won't charge me a small fortune to do so? Confusedupergrin:
i would call lowcountry 4x4 on hwy17, 766-3885 ask for brian or robert...tell'em chuck sent ya and we (carolina broncos)should get a discount.
ah cool, thanks chuck! :xyxthumbs: been meanin to stop by there anyway...
blazinchuck Wrote:NICE truck....your best option is to check out our new site http://palmettoperformancediesels.com

I like the idea of lowering the rear and adding some 20's! Nice truck! Cmon and check out PPD!
Not a Bronco owner, but a Bronco enthusiast!

Doing big things......On leaf springs and 37's!

1984 CUCV Blazer 6.2 diesel, SM465/NP205 Dana 60, 14 bolt, detroits, recentered H1 double beadlocks, 37 inch military Goodyears.