Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
show me your "anti wrap"
looking for some of your ideas please, i know i need to add one to my bronco. post up some pics too if ya can. thanks,Chuck
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Mines pretty simple, but works really well. It is just a straight bar with heims at both ends. It is solid mounted to the top of the pumpkin and then to a bar that sits across the frame rails, there are no links. I can try to take some pics this weekend and post them up for you.

Nick
'73 Bronco - trail modified
nhopman Wrote:Mines pretty simple, but works really well. It is just a straight bar with heims at both ends. It is solid mounted to the top of the pumpkin and then to a bar that sits across the frame rails, there are no links. I can try to take some pics this weekend and post them up for you.

Nick

that would be awesome Nick...thanks
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Chuck, Here you go.

Pic 1 = mounted on top of the pumpkin. There is a 1/4" plate welded to the top, I didn't think the housing steel was enough for the stress the anti-wrap would put on it. the tabs are welded to the plate.

Pic 2 = tabs welded to a square tube welded to the frame. The anti-wrap bar follows the line the Drive Shaft takes.

Pic 3 = different view of the pumpkin mount.

Pic 4 = Where I mounted the square tube to the frame and it is also welded to the body mounts. the tube is a 2"x2" 1/4" wall

Nick

Attached Files Image(s)

'73 Bronco - trail modified
Here is the one I ran on my 9". I had solid bushings on the axle end and 2 hiems on the pivot/shackle. It stopped all my axle wrap and did not bind the articulation.

[Image: Tractionbar.jpg]

[Image: Tractionbarbracket.jpg]

[Image: Tractionbarshackle.jpg]
'72 TBA...
Nice and thick tube, bushings on axle end. 1/4 elliptical shackle on frame side. Mounted a few inches away from the pumpkin. Matched the driveshaft angle and worked awesome.

[Image: 1-nov-05-7.JPG]

[Image: 1-nov-05-3.JPG]
That isn't a Bronco. It can't possibly work... Actually Aaron's looks pretty slick. Otherwise, a link from the top of the housing to a piece of square tube acting as a frame crossmember is simple and easy. WH sells one that you might be able to get some ideas from. If you want, I might have their brackets that you could trace out to dupilcate.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New paint and wrap cuz1 9 3,719 03-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Last Post: DirtyWhiteBoy
  show me the flares blazinchuck 6 1,305 08-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  show me your... blazinchuck 9 1,386 12-25-2010, 02:09 AM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  ready for the show and shine.....hehe shon 8 1,438 03-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Last Post: shon
  Josh(Berg Bronco) show some pic of the new BUMPERS Mill Knob 33 4,388 01-31-2010, 03:43 AM
Last Post: broncomania
  small church car show. Crazy Horse shon 6 1,503 10-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Last Post: NGABronco
  Show us where it's at....(on the bronco) johnpaulgolf 34 4,758 04-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Last Post: johnpaulgolf