Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adapter Plate
Does anybody know off the top of their heads what Edelbrock adaptor is required to mount an Edelbrock 1406 Carb to a factory 302 2 barrel intake for a '72 EB? One of the guys that lives near me is having a carb issue and he wants to convert to a 4bbl. I can figure it out if I need to but if someone already knows it will save some time.

Thanks,

JD
he would really benefit from swapping to a 4bbl intake. as for the adapter...i have no clue, sorry
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Ok, I have seen one in Summit racing, thought it was made by Painless. Not positive.
It is not a good idea to do that though. It wont flow properly, a carb is usualy matched to the inktake. A 2bbl intake is built to flow for a carb that doesnt move more than 500cfm. Most 4bbl carbs start at 650 and go up from there.
He realy should put a cam (that is matched to the intake), intake and a 4bbl carb that is correct for what he is building.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yeah, it's called a 4bbl intake. Edelbrock makes 'em. I have one in the garage for a 289-302 that he can have for $50 plus shipping.
74 Bronco Ranger halfcab w/toys: lockers f&r, wristed arm, C4, D20, hyd assist steering, 37"MTRs, warm 302. Capability, that's what I'm talkin' bout.
[Image: 2rwp56f.png]
I've got a factory cast 4V manifold I can part with. It is a lower profile than most aftermarket and works well if you don't have a body lift.
'72 TBA...
Ended up going with a performer intake to match the carb.

Thanks,

JD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DIY rear plate bumper blazinchuck 11 3,405 02-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Crawdad