Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
enclosed trailer questions
Hey, thinking of doing a little bit of work to an enclosed trailer to make some primitive living quarters. Does anyone have a good source for RV parts, or would I be best trying to find a slide in style camper shell and keeping the open trailer? Clay keeps telling me that Rhonda has the inside scoop!!!
yeah, check with Rhonda and David...they own a RV shop.

what size is the enclosed? big enough to load the bronco and make a living space in it?
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
primitive living space... i was looking into slide in style campers like you have, but they are rare and not cheap. i am thinking of going 24 or 28' on the trailer, which should leave enough room in front for a few cabinets, cots, and such. camping out at URE wasn't quite as enjoyable as i recall camping to be. guess i am getting old...
charles - sent you a PM......thanks for the plug , Chuck!
'73 EB
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
gave a call today. thanks for the help. will likely be back in touch!
http://cb4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1808

Need to update.............Added flip down dinette/bed, couch/bed, flat panel, dvd, vcr and more.......
Sure has beenfun using it!!!
:xyxthumbs: ROCKNROLL!!
Bronco Biff Wrote:http://cb4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1808

Need to update.............Added flip down dinette/bed, couch/bed, flat panel, dvd, vcr and more.......
Sure has beenfun using it!!!

i was looking at your thread. very impressive. looking to do something similar, but my budget is not as big. very cool. let me know when you update it.
With 5 kids the first of which is in college and more dependent vehicles I have VERY shallow pockets. I did not pay retail for really any of it. (just call me Squeaky!) I started with the same notion you have and an old camper trailer a fellow Bronco buddy had that had served 30 years in the salt air at the Outer Banks and was fairly rotten on the outside and ready to be scrapped. It donated the lightly used double stainless sink and fixtures, stove, awning frame, propane regulator and double tank cover, the originally installed power converter and 30 amp power cord, light fixtures etc. I really wish I had grabbed the Fridge as it was one of the costly expenses even with buying a used 12v one from a boat. It worked out good for fitting under the counter and being fuel by solar panels and a battery when boondocking and the tow vehicle when traveling. I had these and the outdoor shower I found clearanced for $15 before I found the trailer. Other cost were like $30 for the 40" tub, I found the shower enclosure on the damaged rack at lowes and cut out the bad part, $50 for a new warranteed microwave with convection oven and a dent, new forced air 12v propane RV furnace for $100 with warranty, windows were 2nds that had easily fixed scratches on the frames and so on. My local RV dealer has been very helpful as I'm sure Dave and Rhonda would be. An extra height trailer is a must. Mine has 7' foot ceilings. I messed up by not picking up 2 24' long 8' foot tall trailers with 6200# axles a local moving company had for sale for $1500 each. They looked too tall and scratched up but would have been able to accomadate more lift and taller tires. I have enough room to run 35's with 3 inches of suspension lift and 3/4" on the body.
:xyxthumbs: ROCKNROLL!!
Sounds exactly like the direction that I want to go in. Major thing is probably gonna be the height. Most are 6'6" tall. Can you tell me how long your trailer is, how much of the front is used for creature comforts, and how much room you have in the back for hauling? any chance you can post up some current pics? i'd love to see it now.
hey charles - check with us off and on ..........customers bring things in good working order by the store for us to sell - or sometimes there's a salvaged camper with good parts that we hear about.....if it's RV related we can find it for you!

we'll be glad to help which ever direction you decide to go....you've got our #'s
'73 EB
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  utilty bed offroad trailer blazinchuck 21 6,387 04-07-2015, 11:21 AM
Last Post: lilpanther
  my M416 Trailer Build blazinchuck 7 3,492 05-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Last Post: BucknEB
  Trailer question krazybronco 7 3,896 11-30-2009, 12:39 PM
Last Post: josephitguy
  Hauler and Trailer cuz1 2 2,003 08-31-2009, 11:42 PM
Last Post: broncomania
  Lifting a utility trailer Autobot 1 1,168 05-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Last Post: 744x4
  New trailer project cuz1 6 2,403 04-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Last Post: trkbilder
  What kinda trailer hitch is this? Ogeechee 4x4 15 4,419 05-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Last Post: trkbilder
  new trailer for pop-up camper and bronco 66bronco 7 3,779 04-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  anyone have a trailer next weekend free? mooker82 12 2,821 02-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Last Post: mooker82
  traded my trailer broncomania 10 2,620 02-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Last Post: DeTowman