Poll: swap or dont swap?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
swap in the 306 w/propane in FBG?
57.14%
8 57.14%
Leave the EFI in FBG?
7.14%
1 7.14%
leave FBG alone, and install a EFI in Lisa's
35.71%
5 35.71%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so am I crazy?
for thinking of swapping Lisa's motor for mine? I've got EFI and she has a 600cfm Holley(no choke), her's will be mostly street, and mine will be mostly rock crawling.

Here's what I'm thinking...swapping motors,installing the EFI in here's and going propane(again) with that 306 out of here bronco. That motor has 10:1 compression, which means its really suited for pane. I truely loved the pane, however...didnt make it reasonable for street use. I think the EFI would be better suited for daily'ish driving on the street with the C4.

She already has a BCBroncos fuel tank that can be plumbed for in tank pump.
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
I say EFI Lisa's Bronco, then build am EFI stroker for the FBG:rebel:
'72 TBA...
bucketobolts Wrote:I say EFI Lisa's Bronco, then build am EFI stroker for the FBG:rebel:

lol, keep in mind...i have no money:bdent:

and my thinking is(mine aint cutting it for any street use) so why not make her's the best daily driver possible and ,we all know pane is awesome for rocks:xyxthumbs:

cant wait to see chuzie's thought :hysterical:
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Let's just say I just called in a favor to Satan. He has agreed to reserve a nice little spot in Hell just for you!!!!!! Other than that, I have absolutely no F-ing comment. :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

That being said, you know I will be there with bells on for the double swap whenever you need me. :beer:
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
I like the idea of EFI in her street rig and think that she will appreciate it too. It's on my to-do list for Jessica's bronco - have all of the parts (except the harness) just haven't done it yet. If you don't go propane, you could always go with another 5.0 in yours (or find another one to put in hers and leave yours be). You'd still have to buy another harness if you go with another 5.0, but do you really want to transplant your harness too?
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
the only reason im thinking this, is cuz my 5.0 is working out to be a nice motor and reliable, i d really want that same feeling in hers, after all...shes the one driving this around a day or two each week. i wont be doing another EFI swap...wont be buying everything AGAIN.

the pane worked so awesome for me before, but I thought I wanted to do mnore street driving, however the 42's arent really working out, plus i dont want to wear them out for BS like that. I would be keeping my exhaust and accessory drive system from mine and swapping that on the 306, and the same for hers. both being roller motors, means swapping fly well/flex plate...and yanking my harness into hers..which shoudnt be too much of a problem

im still considering all options...thanks for the replies
you could always give me the 42's you have in exchange for a brand new set of 37" TSL's Wink you wouldn't have to worry with tire wear on your truck...

if i were you, i would do the same exact thing you are thinking. but, you'd need to buy 2 more broncos so that you would have some to use during the downtime. sounds like a plan, eh?
broncosbybart Wrote:you could always give me the 42's you have in exchange for a brand new set of 37" TSL's Wink you wouldn't have to worry with tire wear on your truck...

if i were you, i would do the same exact thing you are thinking. but, you'd need to buy 2 more broncos so that you would have some to use during the downtime. sounds like a plan, eh?

downtime??? if and when it happens...3 days should get Lisa's up and going, then I can take my time on mineConfusedmokinSadno more than 2-3 weeks I would hope)
Bring back the pane to the FBG and give Lisa the EFI....Besides, sounds like Chuzie has nothing better to do with his spare time over the next several weeks. Hehehe!!! Confusedupergrin: :hysterical: :biggthumpup:
Mike Edwards....74 Bronco ($ Money Pit $)
Oh no-Chuzie over again.LOL He may as well move in, or sit at the same table he has reserved for chuck.hehe. Naw, I would never do that!!Chuzie-you are buying pizza next time.xoxo:thefinger:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  am i crazy? blazinchuck 75 9,044 07-26-2011, 03:11 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  "Crazy Horse" builder doing a BB!! NGABronco 1 766 03-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Crawdad
  small church car show. Crazy Horse shon 6 1,502 10-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Last Post: NGABronco
  Crazy's with us!!!! blazinchuck 8 1,596 01-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Last Post: NGABronco