Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I decided on a set of tires.
Been doing a lot of research the past few weeks in hopes of finally finding a tire that will allow me to perform off road as well as on the road to get to the trail. I drive the Bronco maybe once a week at best and, on the rare occasion that I go to an OHV park (3x/yr), it is never more than 300 miles away. So we are talking about maybe 3000 miles of use in a year.

I looked at a lot of tires and read a lot of threads all over the net and I think that the Pitbull Rocker radials will do the job for me. As soon as I raise enough $$$, I'm going to snag 4 of the 37x12.50 rockers to go on my allied beadlocks. I need to raise $1,430 to get them to my door and I am about halfway there now.

I am pretty stoked because I have not had new tires in a very long time and I think with all the modifications and upgrades we've been doing to the rig, not installing a new performace tire would be a waste.

[Image: radial_rocker.jpg]
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
hells yeah, hot dayum!!! im stoked for ya!
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
thats awesome looking tire!
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a welder then your gonna need a new one!
never run those, but have heard a lot of good things about them. have you tried stuffing a 37 under your truck to check fitment?
broncosbybart Wrote:never run those, but have heard a lot of good things about them. have you tried stuffing a 37 under your truck to check fitment?

I have not test fitted 37 under there but I know that with 2" body and 5.5" suspension i will be good to go. I could run out there and just add an inch to the top of the tire when flexed out in chucks ditch.

My biggest concern is fitting in the garage.

Does anyone know if there is an industry standard for the height of a residential garage door opening?

'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:

chuzie Wrote:

My biggest concern is fitting in the garage.

Does anyone know if there is an industry standard for the height of a residential garage door opening?

they come in different heights, my front garage has an 8' door and the back garage has 7' doors.
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Then I need to assume the worst case scenario for when I moe. It is sad but I have to select a house based on whether or not my stupid truck will fit in the garage.

Sweet tires chuzie!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
79 FS 351M, Trac loc HPD44, Detroit 9", 4.56's, 37 Toyo's, 17" Helo Maxx 6
Sweet, I like the American Flag stamped into the sidewall! :rebel: (yes, irony)
You got spare axles ready? :popc1:
Joseph I.T. Guy! "Weeehooo, uh oh!"
most standard garage doors are no higher than 7'.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  my new tires. (pics) broncomania 35 6,912 05-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Last Post: broncomania
  new tires ???? broncomania 6 2,702 05-10-2008, 12:46 AM
Last Post: broncomania
  decided not to build new rig cuz1 3 1,191 10-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Last Post: cuz1
  2 new tires and 4 new wheels (new to me anyways) krazybronco 8 1,888 10-22-2007, 12:10 PM
Last Post: krazybronco