Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Droid app for OBDII
thought i would post this here, since its really not for EB's...but more FSB and most haulers(ei. chevy,ford,dodge,etc.)

[YOUTUBE]OCZyxrS_ixY&feature=player_embedded#[/YOUTUBE]
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
what is it? not that i have a droid, but still fascinated. Does it make the phone a scanner? that would be insane.
And here Strap says that he's not a geek! Nice! An OBDII to Bluetooth adapter paired to your phone running a diag app! Great... Now I'm gonna have to port this app "torque" to a blackberry!
i d'loaded it...but heck, the dodge dont use it, and the mustang motor in the FBG dont have it so...what the heck was i thinking lol
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
edit: just noticed it was on old thread. nonetheless...

i have had the free version of Torque and the bluetooth scanner for a year or so now...

It works pretty well... can clear and scan codes... plus when it pulls the code, you can click on it, and it will go online and tell you the meaning and possible causes...

I also like the app, because you can compare the PCM speed readings to GPS speed, and see how far they are off... also, you can look at fuel and O2 curves to see if theres anything funny going on...

The full version gets you 0-60, 1/4mile times etc.... and its realitvely cheap

You can get the bluetooth scanners for like $25 shipped from Hong Kong, or $100 from US vendors...
Ben...........Big Dixie Boggers........www.MudProMetalworks.com
that is more than i have in my entire phone... one of these days i might upgrade from the ancient flip phone. these apps sound pretty cool!