Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marion, NC- Open Invite at the Flats May 13,14,15
Hey guys just passing this on. Club local to my hometown is opening up "The Flats" for anyone to come do some wheeling. They've got about 70 acres leased and some really good trails cut out. I went and cruised around with my brother this past fall when they had another open invite and had a blast. Trails for everyone from stockers to hardcore wheelers and a few "playground" areas with some big rocks and other obstacles. Family oriented so no alchohol. $10 per vehicle for the weekend, and $10 per person, kids under 15 are free. They got space to camp, and a couple of hotels close by if thats what you want.

I'm planning on going up to visit my family for the weekend so I'll be up there on Saturday with my bro. Any Bronco brothers coming up let me know, and I'll meet you at my grandparents store and get my grandma to hook you up with the best baloney sammich you ever had or maybe some pintos and cornbread if you're lucky and she's got a pot goin :biggthumpup:

Marion is about 4 1/2 hours from me in Charleston, about 3 1/2 from Raleigh and 1 1/2 from Charlotte to give you an idea. The "Flats" are literally right off I-40 at exit 85...very easy to find.

Vehicle rules are must have seatbelts and be worn, and must have fire extinguisher. Here are some links for hopefully more info.

http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104654

http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.p...ats&page=8

[Image: content?P=64e77f47a94e3afe3d80de23d51c65...0365;image]
Bikes?
nitro Wrote:Bikes?

i don't think they allow atv's or motorcycles on the trails...
dang, marion is only about 30 minutes from me and I still have to find a place to ride...
yup, just checked, ATV's are ok, but no motorcycles.
this is this upcoming weekend, just in case anybody is interested.
kinda pondering it, but don't know for sure. i think paradisePWoffroad is planning to get out there. still had my fill of that place from the first ECORS race. there isn't much 'flat' about it...
broncosbybart Wrote:still had my fill of that place from the first ECORS race. there isn't much 'flat' about it...

hahah yea, theres nothing flat but the parking lotConfusedcratchhe: i'll keep an eye out for ya while i'm there
how did it go? i didn't get up that way. was wrenching on my 76 frame off project. hope you had fun up there!
wow, missed your response. sorry! had a great time cruisin the trails with my bro in his jeep and watching the big boys play in their buggies in the new tank trap. hopefully will have my bronco ready to go back sometime in the near future...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uwharrie Open House JayT 2 1,877 07-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Last Post: chuzie
  kooks kruise in and open house broncomania 0 1,130 06-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Last Post: broncomania
  Carolina Adventure World to open to fullsize rigs - Feb. 28th johnski 6 2,669 02-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Last Post: jollygrngiant