Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CB Radio's
Where are you guys mounting your CB's at? I have the Cobra 29 out of my old durango and just no where to mount it!
If I can find one cheap enough ill be mounting it in the space for my stereo
im sure the FS broncos are the same as the K5 chevys as in having a double roof panels ...we used to mount ours in the roof using nut-serts...sheet metal screws would eventually strip out
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Mine's mounted on my headliner right in the middle above the mirror. I'll post up a pic when I get off work today for ya!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
79 FS 351M, Trac loc HPD44, Detroit 9", 4.56's, 37 Toyo's, 17" Helo Maxx 6
jollygrngiant Wrote:Mine's mounted on my headliner right in the middle above the mirror. I'll post up a pic when I get off work today for ya!

Thanks man, I appreciate it. :biggthumpup:
Here ya go Rollers. Hope this helps. I just have 1 torx skrew holding the mounting bracket in place. In my bronco, there is a metal (I guess you could say) crossmember that divides the drivers side and pass side. I just kinda eyeballed it and ran the skrew through. Ran the wires behind the headliner trim and down the driver side pillar, then ran the coax down the pass side.

Attached Files Image(s)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
That looks pretty BA man. Thanks for the pictures. Do you know where I can get a mounting bracket from?
Ebay. It's prolly where you'll find it the cheapest.
http://cgi.ebay.com/CHROME-Bracket-Cobra...824wt_1141

There is many more too. Just type it in the search bar.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
awesome! Do you think that I have that same crossmember going threw the middle?
Rollers888 Wrote:awesome! Do you think that I have that same crossmember going threw the middle?

I would think so, but I'm not too familiar with your 93 bronco. Yours is probably a little harder to take down than mine. But I might be wrong!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]