Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just bought a 1973 Bronco
Well I knew when I bought my bronco I would be doing some metal work, Thankfully it's no where near as bad as I thought.

[Image: 4rdkk7.jpg]
When I opened up the drivers door it droped pretty badly.
[Image: 1z2ke9f.jpg]
So I put some heavy plate where I trimmed out alot of rot.
[Image: 30bfex1.jpg]
I'll put up more pics as I go.
welcome to the site! looks like a good start on a bronco
Life is short------drive your bronco everyday!
Congrats on your new Bronco and welcome to the SITE. Broncos are very addicting and that is ok. Looks like your new Bronco has the typical rote. Looks like some one done some work on that door post. Keep us posted on progress and keep the pictures coming.
Mill Knob Wrote:Congrats on your new Bronco and welcome to the SITE. Broncos are very addicting and that is ok. Looks like your new Bronco has the typical rote. Looks like some one done some work on that door post. Keep us posted on progress and keep the pictures coming.

LOL. That someone was me. the bottom half of the door pillar inside the fender was totally gone, I trimed it up a bit and used some heavy sheet metal I had lying around. this is just to get the door to close nicely for now. I am going to look around my local jukyards for a body tomorrow.

And Thank you I'm so happy there is a local forum, When I lived in NY every forum for any of my projects were far far away.
mcgyver Wrote:LOL. That someone was me. the bottom half of the door pillar inside the fender was totally gone, I trimed it up a bit and used some heavy sheet metal I had lying around. this is just to get the door to close nicely for now. I am going to look around my local jukyards for a body tomorrow.

And Thank you I'm so happy there is a local forum, When I lived in NY every forum for any of my projects were far far away.

Sorry about that..:error:
a bit of bad news is that you aren't gonna find much of anything good at a junkyard. not to say that it can't be done, but I've only ever seen 2 at a yard, and they were junk...

you have several of us in the charlotte area. feel free to pm me if you want to swing by or have any questions. happy to help out.
broncosbybart Wrote:a bit of bad news is that you aren't gonna find much of anything good at a junkyard. not to say that it can't be done, but I've only ever seen 2 at a yard, and they were junk...

you have several of us in the charlotte area. feel free to pm me if you want to swing by or have any questions. happy to help out.

Thank you I may take you up on that offer. Has anyone went to c&d in china grove they have so much hidden treasures. I replaced the door after doing the patch work and found I have to over size the door bolt holes and get some hinges too not a problem. I see that the ebrake plate on the floor is just floating in the air and the master cyl is toast. Little by little I will get it to be a running project so I can bring it around places. Any good lines on classic insurance? Does it have to be mint? I don't want to throw 4 cars on my current bill.
i'm sure someone can chime in on the insurance question. when i have one on the road, i just put it on the same plan as my other vehicles, so that is of no help to you. it sounds like the e-brake plate pulled off of the floor board? rust has a way of doing some crazy things. you might want to check the e-brake bracket underneath the vehicle. it is the one at the other end of the cable you are talking about. that bracket has a tendency to bend severely with age and deterioration.
i had regular full coverage on FBG(my 74 EB), but just transferred that ins. to Lisa's 77. until the ins company sees it though...they only put liability on it.
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
broncosbybart Wrote:a bit of bad news is that you aren't gonna find much of anything good at a junkyard. not to say that it can't be done, but I've only ever seen 2 at a yard, and they were junk...

went to my junkyard today and they had everything but. no luck going to purchase floors from a store i guess.

I put the bronco up for sale to see if someone would buy it before I get in over my head, but as I buy more parts I'll probably change my mind.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest Bronco Driver Cameo Bronco Biff 9 2,862 05-10-2017, 11:55 PM
Last Post: snipes243
  what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? firefighter2134 2,039 252,546 03-27-2017, 11:17 AM
Last Post: snipes243
  Bronco sighting in eastern Pendleton SC Crawdad 0 1,408 01-15-2017, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Crawdad
  Bucking Bronco ParadisePWoffrD 0 784 01-18-2016, 12:18 PM
Last Post: ParadisePWoffrD
  Bronco new year resolutions wepuckett 12 2,525 01-03-2016, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Bronco Biff
  Check this bronco out snipes243 5 3,240 12-29-2015, 08:58 PM
  Bronco Christmas snipes243 23 4,092 12-26-2015, 04:22 PM
  Who's Charleston Bronco made my local news? Bronco Biff 0 765 10-05-2015, 08:58 AM
  The Bronco made the news today snipes243 8 1,912 08-24-2015, 12:45 PM
Last Post: 66Roadster
  Not a bronco but..... firefighter2134 4 1,484 07-11-2015, 10:10 PM
Last Post: firefighter2134