Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building a new dash.
I've been thinking pf redoing my dash and or instrument panel for a long time. Last time I went wheelin I saw slim cater's truck and really liked his set up, that gave me the motivation to get to work on mine. When I started out I was just going to remove the dash pad and redo the gauges. But now I've decided to redo the entire dash. This is the first time I've done one of these, have to wait and see how it comes out.

Staring point

[Image: 100_0574.jpg]

[Image: 100_0576.jpg]

Started pulling it apart.

[Image: 100_0577.jpg]

[Image: 100_0578.jpg]

Got the dash pad off, it wouldn't fit out between the cage bars. but it was already broken so no big deal.

[Image: 100_0610.jpg]

The dash was already pretty hacked up so I cut it in half to get it out.

[Image: 100_0611.jpg]

I'm going to clean up all the years of crappy wiring and get rid of all the un-needed stuff. I've got a pretty good idea how I'm going to lay the dash out. It should be pretty cool. Hopfully it wont take me to long.
dang that looks like a job there. keep the pics coming.
good luck, cant wait to see the finished job! 8)
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
wow brian !!!!!! i remember you talking about this at ure. i cant wait to see the results.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
I love it when wires look like a big bowl of spaghetti noodles Big Grin

You're off to a great start - keep the pics coming! Good Luck with it.
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
Wow!! Now I know why I don't do auto electrical. Good luck!!! Smile
Psalms 27:1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Looks like a tuff job!! I've been wanting to do the same to mine 8)
Brian
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
79 FS 351M, Trac loc HPD44, Detroit 9", 4.56's, 37 Toyo's, 17" Helo Maxx 6
I cant wait to see what you come up with brian.

If you haven't got one already pickup a helm wiring diagram and a vaccum/electrical troubleshooting book. Its a must when your trying to slim down the wiring harness. It has EVERY circuit. Of course, your bronco shouldn't be too complicated.
'85 Bronco. 14bolt/60. Distributorless EFI 393. ZF5. DOM cage. 38.5 TSLs. H1 double beadlocks. Lots more. Still a work in progress.
ASE Master Truck Tech. ASE Master Auto Tech.
Hey Brian, have you made any progress on the dash?
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
hey brian do you have any more pics ?????? im sure you are finished by now.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868