Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its ALIVE!!!!
I spent most of yesterday morning straitening my dipstick, replacing all the battery cables, a new relay switch and extending my brakelines. Went to a BD party at noon and came home late. Today I helped Nick out on his project. But after coming home to a fevered baby, I snuck out to see if my bronco would at leat turn or click. I poured a lil bit of gas in the ole Holly and she enuff she cranked right up!!!! And it sounds goooooooood! Looked at the carb after I cut it off and it was dripping gas, even after 5 minutes it was still dripping after I disconnected the gas line. Guess it is dripping out of the bowl, might have a bad gasket.
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
WANTED: auto column, gas tank, front/ rear seats
Congrats!
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
Woo hoo!!! another running Bronco! Inspiration for us all!!! Good work buddy!
I cranked it again yesterday and discovered the Holly carb was still dripping on the manifold. I talked to a race car guy I know and he says "the needle and seats are bad OR the float(s) is stuck down. If you try to pull the fuel bowls off you will break the gaskets and will need to get new ones." So I guess I will start a new thread soon on installing the new Edelbrock intake and carb.
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
gaskets are cheap, more that liekly...the needle and seat are stuck or have a piece of trash in there. mine used to do that...i just pulled the needle/seat out(its on the top) and blow the trash out...then put it back...likely due to bad filter. auto stores have those gaskets...its still cheaper than another carb

congrats on getting it running!@!!!!!!
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
i would have chanced rebuilding the holley before swapping intake and carb. but im always trying to save a buck or two...
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a welder then your gonna need a new one!
I already bought a new intake and carb back in November last year. I just wanted to wait till I figured out the wiring issues. As far as under the hood, those two items are the only things left to install.
im running eldelbrock carb and intake and have been pleased with it so far so i dont think you will be dissapointed...keep up the progress
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a welder then your gonna need a new one!
IMHO- get rid of that holley and never look back!!!! Good work.
Thx guys! I started a new thread at: http://carolinabroncos.com/forums/showth...#post41018

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This Forum Alive? tcb3078 8 2,104 10-11-2018, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Bronco Biff
  83 is alive! wildthang461 2 1,181 10-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Last Post: jollygrngiant