Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Help
Whats up guys. Got a few questions here.

First of all. As of now I HATE the spare tire carrier. All it does is ratter and make all kinds of noises, the 2 hinges or whatever where it swings out are loose and they make most of the noise. Also the tale gate rattles. I found out that its the little metal locks on each side. So i just wrapped them in electrical tape to prevent the rattling. I noticed that they are suppose to have a plastic piece around them but there is not one.

Hmm what else do I hate about this thing.
The suspension is EXTREMELY stiff. I guess maybe i just need some softer shocks. The rear is noticed has a nice size block lift.

And one more thing. See Pictures.

Attached Files Image(s)

Oops, Surprise, Surprise!! :banghead: Confusedcratchhe: :banghead: Confusedcratchhe:
Mike Edwards....74 Bronco ($ Money Pit $)
dayum that sucks...guess it was back down a boat ramp one too many times?
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Wow, looks like a northern truck? or a beach truck... thats why we bought the quarter patches... now you would never know...
Yep was a northern truck. How would i go about fixing it?
the rust?
quarter patch panels is the best way to do it... check out my build thread for my neighbors bronco, its a couple topics down..
I had a 92 FSB once. I had the same flares on it for the same problem w/rust... It had a 6" BDS suspension lift on it and rode well. The shocks can add to a harsh ride, but it is usually a spring issue that is the main factor. If you want to sink some money into it, I'd look at new springs and shocks for optimal ride quality.
if you want someone to take that spare tire carrier and flares off your hands let me know. Confusedupergrin:Confusedupergrin:
thanks guys, ive never welded before in my life. So me doing that would be out of the question haha. And hopefully it just needs some softer shocks, but for now ill suck it up.

Lol thanks but im going to hold onto both of them Big Grin

I have another issue that I cannot seem to figure out. If I step on the gas pedal and when the engine comes back down it wants to stall out. And sometimes when I come to a stop light the RPM's bounce back and forth between 300 and 1000 just up and down up and down. It comes so close to shutting off. Ive replaced The IAC and the TPS is new. So what next?
There is NO need for the double shock hoop on that thing! Put the single front shock back on the front of that FSB!