Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know a motorcycle mechanic?
Just pulled my old sport bike (93 ninja 600) out of storage and brought it down to SC. I want to get rid of it for a down payment on a new 4 wheeler, but there is a problem with the carbs leaking gas. Any one have a recommendation for somebody to work on this thing? I'm not looking to pay shop prices, as the bike isnt worth all that much, and I plan on selling it anyway.
Probably has a stuck float or two. Don't know of anyone your way. I could do it, but I am in charlotte. it wouldn't pay to come up here for that. have you gotten a shop quote yet? you could probably even try a small engine repair place.
Some guy locally quoted me $200. I don't know if that's fair or not, as this was my first offer. I wish I was a little closer cause I would definitely take you up in that offer!
that is pretty fair. not a bad price if he is going to synchronize the carbs and check it over once it is running. how much do you think the shop is going to give you for it?? it is an old bike.
I plan on selling the bike not trading it. it has 5k original miles and im the second owner. brand new gas tank, new tires never mounted, full d&d headers and exhaust. brand new sprockets, brand new fiberglass fairings. I have it posted for 2k on craigslist but am hoping to get 1500 to put down on a 4 wheeler.
gotcha. sounds like a time capsule piece. i had a 89 LTD454 once. i was the second owner on it as well. bought it for about $700 from the original owner. it only had 500 miles on it!! he used it one summer then parked it in his shed. it needed a battery and carb work but came out great. good luck w/the sale!
never mind, sold the bike. thanks guys.