Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn and Burn???
Wow. In a little more than a week, it will be here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who? This will benefit Chuck's (or is that Lisa's???) 77 Bronco.

What? A fun packed day of goofing off and getting some stuff done turning wrenches.

When? Saturday Oct 1. Plan to be here at 9:30 or so and working till we get done- hopefully around 5pm. Grilling party/BBQ (depending on where you grew up) to follow.

Where? My shop/house. 15214 Cabarrus Rd, Charlotte NC 28227. I am only a couple of miles off the 485 beltway, above Matthews, NC. My house is a blue vinyl 1.5 story house with a tan 3 car shop in the back. I'll park an EB out front- you should have no trouble seeing that! You can park on the side of the yard. I have a gravel drive that leads to 2 houses behind mine.

Why? It will be a great opportunity to thank Chuck/Lisa for all their work on putting this club together!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for a few details that still need unpacking. Chuck is going to bring some hamburgers/hotdogs. If you want some fancy types of meat, plan on picking something up. I might grill some chicken, but probably not a bunch. I'm not a red meat type of person. For those that like a big fat steak, we do have the Harris Teeter or the Food Lion each about 6 miles from the house if you need to pick something up.

The primary things we need are side items, as listed below. This isn't a complete list by any means, so if you want to bring something not listed, let us know. FYI, I do have a fridge in the garage that has sodas and some water in it. I don't really drink, so if you do it is BYOB. Chuck might be bringing some Bud. Items to consider are as follows:

- snack stuff (for while we are working)- cookies, crackers, (Nick H bringing pretzels)
Jay T bringing Chili, Chuck bringing Chips/dip
- potato salad (Doug)
- veggie dish
- caserole or something
- beans (Nick H bringing those)
- dessert (Robert bringing some Pound Cake and maybe banana pudding)

ALSO, a HUGE THANKS TO NICK AT NICKSTRIX FOR SPONSORING A LOW COUNTRY SHRIMP BOIL. AND to CHUCK for bringing the skrimps!!!!

Don't be shy on volunteering for a food.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tools should be covered. If you feel the urge to bring something, probably bring a drop cord or air hose, a drill (and bits), a wire brush, and some hand tools. IF nothing else, bring your saftey glasses and a pair of gloves. I have rubber gloves and ear plugs here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I need from you all:

Please let me know if you plan to attend and what you can bring for food. If you have any questions or commments, PLEASE let me know. I can grill, but if someone really likes to, let me know and the grill is yours. I have a regular 2 burner propane grill. If you want to do something fancy, let me know. Please come, even if you feel like you have little to no wrenching ability. It will be a great opportunity to learn and have fun!!!
LOVE it! I need to pay back you guys who helped get Jeremiah's EB ready... and "Turn and Burn" is a PERFECT name!
Cool. Anyone else have any thoughts? Kinda quiet.
Great slogan - keep it!

I'm all in. We just need to figure out a central place that is a "middle" point. With members from the SC coast all the way up to mid/northern NC it won't be easy. I guess it will come down to who has a bronco in pieces and really needs the help.

I would say I am ready to turn some wrenches next weekend in Spartanburg, but then again I hope nothing goes wrong to require wrenching.
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
SC74 Wrote:I would say I am ready to turn some wrenches next weekend in Spartanburg, but then again I hope nothing goes wrong to require wrenching.

you and me both on that one!!

who all has a project in the making that could accomodate us, or would be willing to transport their junk?

i'm thinking scbronco (Nick), keith, aaron?, chuck?, jayt??? i'm in charlotte and would be happy to host if needed. it'd be cool to get someone else out for the Nov URE run.
im in if i am off that weekend. i just recently swapped work schedules and had to go to 12 hr shifts.
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a welder then your gonna need a new one!
This has been posted for a while, but no real input. I'd love to do this event if we can get some people involved and a rig to wrench on... I could come up with one, but Big Grin

Who wants their ride worked on? Who wants to work? I'd like to do it in either Sept or Oct, when it is a little cooler.
I'd be willing to come up and wrench, not like I haven't done it before! Heck I'd even put my EB in the lotto. Kinda hard to put a 300+ lb 6pt rollcage and a hardtop on a 76 sitting on 37s:banghead:. I'm only 5'6" so I am about as tall as my tires!Confusedcratchhe:
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
WANTED: auto column, gas tank, front/ rear seats
Crawdad Wrote:I'd be willing to come up and wrench, not like I haven't done it before! Heck I'd even put my EB in the lotto. Kinda hard to put a 300+ lb 6pt rollcage and a hardtop on a 76 sitting on 37s:banghead:. I'm only 5'6" so I am about as tall as my tires!Confusedcratchhe:

Solution: Crapload of string and a bunch of pulleys!!! Been there, done that.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
well, it looks like we have at least 1 interested person...

is everyone else bashful and not wanting to throw their own rig out there, or do they just not trust us to work on it... Big Grin

keeping this going. i hope we can do it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turn and Burn '13?? let's decide blazinchuck 1 1,609 01-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Last Post: JayT
  Turn and Burn part Deux?? broncosbybart 28 4,253 09-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Last Post: scbronco