Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DaBus is down...
No codes, all gauges fine, dead. Exited off highway, and it stalled. Cranks, but no start. call for tow truck... arrives in 30, DRIVE bus onto flatbed... wth?! I know I had trouble with 7.3 cam sensors (2), but not the 6.0s! Sooo.... Which sensor we betting this time? FICM? HP oil pump? guess we'll see. Powerstroke Shop can't get it in until tomorrow.

Note, been having injector trouble ever since a bad tank of fuel... nothing that DieselKleen hasn't resolved everytime. I hope i don't need injectors... we're at 125k+ miles... no warranty.

And yes, my lovely wife (who thoroughly enjoyed picking me up in her k5), took pics and shared them via MMS... grrr. Good thing she's hot!
lol...dayum that sucks , maybe the fuel pump died?
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
I'm with chuck about fuel pump. My stepdad had 06 king ranch f250 and after bout a yr of having it he had it towed several times alk of which were after filling up. But by time it got to dealership it ran great so they kept swapping sensors so he traded it and turned oyt it was fuel pump.
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a welder then your gonna need a new one!
Boy I hope that you guys are right! I really don't want to do injectors right now. And i'll be pissed if its the FICM... I just tested it 6 months ago. *fingers crossed*
Same thing happened to a work truck 6.0L we have a couple months ago ... it was the fuel pump. They did mention that the pump had been aerating the tank a lot and the aerated fuel would most likely lead to injector problems, but so far so good.
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
Oh boy...

FICM, #6 Injector, and Head Gaskets... $6k down the drain, if I let them do it.
OMG! thats freaking sucks dude...
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Wow. That's not good news at all.
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a welder then your gonna need a new one!
Kinda suspicious that an injector would cause the head gasket. If it was a head gasket it should have set a code for overheating. I question there results. None of those problems should have killed it with no codes. Being a former ford tech none if it adds up. If you want me to work on it give me a shout.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Agreed. I believe that the no-start is from a bad FICM. I've been suspicious of it since winter, but last time I tested it I had 40+v as I'm supposed to. The dealer want to change the FICM and #6 injector. That's "only" 2k...then said in a "by the way" tone "do you know that you're driving around on "compromised head gaskets. It's puking coolant through the degas bottle.". I highly question this as I have no temp problems and no codes here... I'm guessing that he sees a little residual VC9 left from my flush. I'm probably going to get one of my boys to drag it home for me and send the FICM in for repairs to start with. That's and easy and somewhat inexpensive fix. I've had injector trouble for a while, so if any are bad, they all are. I'll save up for head gaskets and all injectors at the next round... Assuming that the FICM gets me going again.